Thread: Delta Game Processer

Default Delta Game Processer

My buddy and I were lucky enough to draw a Delta Bison tag and went up early Oct and took a nice bull on Schultz's property. Rather than bring all the meat home, we stopped in at the processer on the highway between delta and the bison range. We live in Palmer and they said it would cost us 40 dollars to ship. Great!! So we thought, it's been over two months since we've dropped our meat off and nothing. Every time we call we get a different sorry on what they are waiting on. Very frustrating, I'm to the point, I don't even want it, because I know it will not be the animal that we took or the one we field dressed correctly. I've taken many animals and have never had this experience!! Disappointing

Definitely not the norm for Delta Meat and Sausage. i would highly recommend them to everyone I know due to having used them myself and knowing guys that use them for all their wild game. Just curious, did you have specialty cuts done (teriyaki sticks, etc)? If so, that could be the delay. I'd definitely try calling them tomorrow and explaining your dissatisfaction with them. We dropped a moose off the second week of September and had it waiting on us the first week of October. My son shot a bison the second week of October and we just had it dropped off the 4th of December. Kind of shocked that yours didn't come down to Palmer with his. Hope it turns out better than it sounds....

Jeanie runs a first class operation.....well respected here!

Please keep us informed as to the outcome.

While we have not use Delta Meat, I do know that there are times that they get swamped and it takes a little longer to get things done. Keep in contact with them and things should work out. As far as not wanting your bison back, rethink that! While we process all of our own meat, we have never had a bad bison from the Delta area.
    Keep us posted.

Well, if you don't want the meat, I'll gladly drive up there and pay for it.

Our moose took longer then usual this year. They said that everyone was ordering more processed products this year and that has been slowing things down. You will almost certainly be satisfied with the end results even if it's taking longer then expected.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    Our moose took longer then usual this year. They said that everyone was ordering more processed products this year and that has been slowing things down. You will almost certainly be satisfied with the end results even if it's taking longer then expected.

In my opinion it wouldn't be the wait as much as the lack of communication that would really anger me. That being said, I have heard only good things about this place as well.

Just dropped 20 pounds of moose scraps off with them this morning for some sausage. They said it would be about a month. I'm sure they are just behind and will come through for you. They run a good, clean operation.

I hope that's the case and they are just behind, what's frustration is when we call, it's a different story on why were still waiting, granted we are very anxious for the bounty to arrive.

+1 for Delta Meat's product, but I agree they are sometimes not the greatest at communication. Be patient. What you get will be your animal (for us they nicely identified which was which from two caribou and that was important because one was a spine shot that didn't bleed out very well) and beautifully prepared. A little aging before the meat is cut and frozen will make it better anyway.

A few years back we harvested a bison and took it to Delta Meats. They took longer then I expected but they are a first class meat shop. I would strongly recommend them and use their services.

I have to give muliple negatives on this processer..

My buffaloe they processed was not edible (Green-) when I recieved it, plus they Jeanne "misplaced" a good portion of the meat

and on swapped out meat on my moose-

over all...

contact me if want more info..

Chris

Its not so much that they are behind at this time of year, but to meet inspection requirements they have to stop proccessing all non wild game while they are in the process of packaging wild meat, and have everything cleaned so I would assume if it were my business they would probably wait until they had a decent amount of wild meat to process before they did the switch over. It wouldn't be feasible to stop all production for a small batch of sausage. I take my meat there every year and have never had a problem. I have also been there when people showed up with Green meat, and asked for a miracle. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! They will usually tell you what is going to happen and see if you still want to get it processed.