Thread: Dall Sheep Walk In hunt...Help.

Default Dall Sheep Walk In hunt...Help.

Okay so I'm not asking for anyone's honey hole but after the the awesome time that was had on my buddy's DS 203 hunt I would like to repeat the experience. I'd like to do more walk in hunts as I think that extra challenge of hiking in and out just enhances the whole experience.

So aside from DCUA and Tok, can and would anyone out there be willing to suggest another draw hunt that has the possibility of a successful walk in hunt?

That being said, I'd be willing to share secrets about our successful DS 203 hunt if someone could return the favor.

Thanks!

Draw hunt? Besides the two you mentioned, look to 14C. All of the 14C hunts are walk-in areas. Tough to draw (1-2% odds on average), but amazing terrain and potential for some good rams. There are also some opportunities in unit 7 for walk-in draw tags.

On a side note, there are two DCUA tags to apply for - 203 and 204. Granted, you don't have to walk in for 204, but you can. Put in for both of those and Tok, and you're set.

Every hunt in Alaska can be done walk in as show in hundred year old hunting stories. The hunts are there the hunters to do them are not.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

DS-1 is walk in.

I realize that you can turn any draw hunt into a walk in hunt. I am looking for walk in specific hunts. No point in hiking into an area when someone could beat you to it with an atv.

Thanks for the 14C suggestion!

Is it against the Park rules to not fly into 14c?

KLNHunter Did you receive my PM I sent to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kusko View Post
    Is it against the Park rules to not fly into 14c?
    You can fly into 14C, I hunted it with my wife and I seen quite a number of Supercubs and one R44 flying in and around the park, You just CAN'T Land in it. Not sure what they are doing maybe some tourists sightseeing who knows.