Thread: Llewellin Setter

Default Llewellin Setter

9 month old Llewellin Setter needs a hunter home. Spade female. Shows all the natural instincts of a good pointing dog. Extremely birding. Locks up on her own. No formal training. Too much dog for just a pet. Would love to see her go to a bird hunting home. Can see her in Wasilla. For info call 907-232-8951 or 315-2778 Thanks for looking.

Why are you getting rid of her.Does she have papers and how much are you asking.My friend has one in fairbanks they are very good bird dogs.

Is the dog yours? What breeder did she come from? Can you post a photo of the pup?

The dog does not belong to me. I just took care of her for them. As far as I know she came from Anchorage, she can be registered and the owners can not spend the time with her that she needs. Sorry, NO PICS. If I did not have my own bird dogs I would take her in a heart beat. You need to call the owners at the phone #'s posted. With a little training, proper intro to the gun and birds, she would be a nice dog. Not a real rangey dog if you know what I mean. The dog needs to be hunted. Thanks for looking.

Well, guess who just joined my huntin crew! Let me introduce Angel. She is related to Rigby a bit removed, and has been living like a city girl. With a teary farewell, her previous family said goodbye so she could live a life of a hunting dog. A tough decision but very honorable. We have some work to do but boy are we going to have fun doing it!

I am glad you have her so she can fulfill her life as a pointer. I know she will be a "blue ribbon" dog if she gets the right training. Good luck.

Armymark.... Congrats on a great looking dog. I am about a yr away from once again having a hunting dog. Had this come up next yr at this time I would have strongly considered this dog. Please occasionally post here on your progress and experience(s) with her. And good luck to you and your new family member!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Angel and Rigby, establishing a bond easing the city girl into hunting shape. We need to work her into it. Her feet aren't quite as tough as Rigby's. We'll need to take is easy at first. In another week we'll start some yard training. Lot's of fun for now though!

Looks like a wonderful start. I look forward to seeing further posts. Thanks!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!