Thread: usps shipping problems....

Default usps shipping problems....

So a rifle of mine was sent from byrnes Colorado on dec 2, then got to aurora Colorado on the 4 th. Then shipped from there the 5th of dec and got to Spokane wa by the 7th, shipped the same day and just shows its in transit.
    Does this sound normal? It was sent 3 day priority... should I be worried? I have never had even a parcel post take this long to Alaska...

It's the busiest time of year for a nominally competent organization which means that there will be delays--be glad your not shipping off the road system where 3 days routinely means 6-7 days. If the tracking number tells you where it is and that it is heading your way, then there is not much else to do but wait for now. I wouldn't worry about it, at least not yet........
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Yeah, cyber Monday puts a real strain on the system along with the holiday season in general. I have a similarly shipped package I'm waiting on and know of several others too. It will come.

Welcome to the last frontier, where it seems like the mail is still hauled up from the south by a donkey with a cart. But look at the lighter side, you could have shipped it UPS and have it in a month and pay triple than postal billing like us folks outside the AK mountain range.

I didn't realize cyber Monday had happened.
    I know the weather has been bad in some areas but not in the areas where it has been. I have a bad habit of being very impatient when I have a new something coming!

The nationwide ice storms and the extra holiday traffic are causing major delays for for all shippers. I just received a package today that took 14 days to travel coast to coast on UPS.

I always worry anytime I have a rifle in the mail, but there are delays right now for sure.

Hope it shows up.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I ordered a couple things that were sent priority on the 2nd, just got here.

I have noticed USPS has an uncanny ability to deliver things I don't want quickly and things I do want slowly.

I can't figure out how they know which box is which.

That bouncing around and Spokane sounds like Parcel Post to me, most likely it’s on a contract truck someplace in Canada “in transit” just like it says. I’ve shipped a lot of them that way (I hate it) at owners request and it takes at least two weeks. Also had Gunbroker sellers tell me they shipped PM but weeks later it arrives PP, they seem to get Alaska shipping sticker shock at the counter and go cheap sometimes. It'll show up, they haven't lost one on me yet . . . nocking on wood.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by swmn View Post
    I have noticed USPS has an uncanny ability to deliver things I don't want quickly and things I do want slowly.

I can't figure out how they know which box is which.
    Oh they know . . . I think it's what the NSA wire taps are looking for!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

That's good to hear ak-pilot.
    The most irritating part of this is I asked for fedex. I'm paying for actual shipping so they could have sent it anyway.
    I went to the post office today (annex), it wasn't busy and in my nicest tone i couldn't get the lady to take 5 seconds and look on the shelf...just in case it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by shayno View Post
    ? I have never had even a parcel post take this long to Alaska...
    You my friend, live a charmed life......I've never seen parcel post get here WITHIN the time frame you are talking (9 days) much less for it to be beyond your longest wait.....and it's been up to 5 weeks for some items when I was in DLG.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    You my friend, live a charmed life......I've never seen parcel post get here WITHIN the time frame you are talking (9 days) much less for it to be beyond your longest wait.....and it's been up to 5 weeks for some items when I was in DLG.
    Yup! Media Mail is the worst, that goes on a barge “the slow boat” and can sit days at docks on both ends not even counting the days at sea. Parcel Post for me seems to run about 2-½ or 3 worrisome weeks, I hate it! Priority they say 2 to 3 days but to Alaska is never faster than 4 days and usually 5 or 6 days depending on origin and time of day mailed.

On your tracking page, down low on the chart there is an “estimated delivery date” and that has always been +/- a day for me.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

On the estimated date it says 4 of December...
    Since you brought up the NSA... I looked up they're help desk and sent a email asking if they could track the package down. I didn't bother with the tracking number as they should have that.....

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Yup! Media Mail is the worst, that goes on a barge “the slow boat” and can sit days at docks on both ends not even counting the days at sea. Parcel Post for me seems to run about 2-½ or 3 worrisome weeks, I hate it! Priority they say 2 to 3 days but to Alaska is never faster than 4 days and usually 5 or 6 days depending on origin and time of day mailed.

On your tracking page, down low on the chart there is an “estimated delivery date” and that has always been +/- a day for me.
    I always figure they strap the package to the back of a northbound orca.......

My MIL likes to send care packages, and always makes the mistake of listenign to the joker at the post office when they say parcel post will be there in 6-7 days. She shaved a few bucks several times and some time sensitive stuff was more than a week late for what was intended.

Update: I think emailing the NSA was worth while.. just got a email from the USPS saying it got to anchorage today, and they will call me when its in wasilla. I think maybe the NSA helped m