Thread: stolen trap notice...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default stolen trap notice...

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:17 PM
    To: DFG - All Fairbanks Staff
    Cc: Bruning, Darren L (DFG)
    Subject: Stolen Traps

Bill Larry (452-3455 or 452-6389) from Alaska Fun Center reported that he has had 75-80 of his marten and lynx traps stolen from his line trail to Koole Lake over in North Eastern 20A. He believes the traps must have been taken after season end between March and May last spring when there was still snowmachine and sled access across the Tanana and down his trail.
    His traps were primarily 1 & 1.5 longsprings with a half dozen #4 longsprings on chains with grappels. He also had all (75-80) of his commercial shrimp pot bait boxes taken from the marten set locations.
    If you hear of anyone trying to sell a pile of equipment of this description or recall some being offered this past summer please let him or Trooper Potter at AST know.

Thanks

Robert G. Hunter
    Northern Regions HIT Coordinator
    AK Dept. of Fish & Game
    1300 College Rd.
    Fairbanks, AK 99701
    (907) 459-7375
    Fax (907) 459-7332
    been a rash of late season thefts please keep eyes and ears open
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

and one in the chamber!!! I hate sticky fingers.....................
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

talked to bill today.. he lost over 75 sets ups.. ADFG seen they were still on his line as of sept 9th as the bio was showing another how he does things out there... this is around his cabin.. and its hurts.. if anyone has some for sale at a good price Bill is looking.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I posted this on another trapping site that a lot of AK. trappers use so folks have there radars on, makes me sick someone would do this and I hope they are caught.............
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

I hope you get some justice for sure, I go hit today and lost a coyote and perhaps 2 MB650's . We had our first good snow of about 6 inches last night and I was a little late making the rounds, about 9AM I s where someone hunting coyotes drove a 4 wheel drive truck out to my set and I could see blood on the snow but it was t slick for me to go out and see if they were able t cut the traps loose... My guess is it was some HS kids because they took a big risk spending time in the open. I have taken 5 coyotes from that one set and without snow they don't stand out however today was different....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I have a few #4 double long springs, they are uneducated but prepped for it. I have some #1's that are well seasoned. If you make it down to the Kenai, look me up and I can hook you up.