Thread: Oh boy I bought an airboat

Default Oh boy I bought an airboat

so thanks to Skip and others I have purchased an airboat, so my learning curve is straight up!!! any advice is greatly appreciated.

I bought my first one last spring.... There lots to pay attendation too. Never turn sharp in deep water and slowly come of step in deep water or you'll sink it... And pure black sand is not your friend. Have fun be safe.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Thanks for the hints. I'm looking forward to this summer!! its a 16 diamondback, 540 BB.

Yep Skip is a great guy he helped me with finding mine last spring. There great fun.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Welcome to the addiction. Hope you can go out with skip and other experienced airboaters this spring, if you don't know about southernairboat.com look it up and join, great help there. If you have a heated cab, use it this winter also, but be very careful on frost heaves and other irregularities that can occur, a big flat lake would be best, but be careful, not much control on ice. Have fun. Bud
    Wasilla

Congrats on the airboat.
    Find some skinny (ankle deep )water to play in .
    Get some advice from some old timers if you can and like someone
    said ck out southern airboat lots of info to read there.

Have fun and be safe,
    Ric in Texas