Thread: NASP in the Valley?

Default NASP in the Valley?

Is there a National Archery in the Schools program in the Mat Su valley? I have a student moving and he is a National qualifier. I'm wondering if any of the schools there have a program.

I haven't heard about that. I would love it if they did. My daughter is interested in archery.

I do the NASP program with my students in Eagle River. They love it. If you go to the Fish and Game web site and look under education/archery, you will find a like to a gentleman named Kirk. He can put you in contact with schools that have NASP program in the Mat-Su.

I know there is/was a program at Su Valley High. There were other programs at the elementary level, but I don't recall all the spots. I agree with p.j. and his idea to talk with Kirk.

Thanks guys. I know Kirk very well. I think he's out of the office for a while. My student is moving and he NEEDS to continue with the program. He will be an asset to whatever program he joins. I just hope there is a JR high team he can link up with.

The previous principal at Machentanz Elementary here in the Valley had a program there. I think it might still be operating under a PE coach...not sure though. That principal has now moved to Palmer Junior Middle School. I do not think he has started it there yet.