Thread: T/C Dimension….anybody grab one?

Default T/C Dimension….anybody grab one?

Looking around at old ideas that come around again…we have the TC Dimension- a switch barrel bolt action rifle.

Anybody grab one and want to give us a run down? Looks innovative but "plasticy" and possibly a little fiddly to swap barrels. What's the scoop?

Not that I've got anything against buying multiple rifles in multiple calibers but having a .223 barrel and a .300WM barrel could be interesting given a couple hunting scenarios…and a take down is always nice when you're transporting one.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

No, but did just get a Venture rifle in .223. I looked hard at the Dimensions but already have most of the calibers I need so it would be redundant. Yes, being able to switch barrels is nice, but you also need the right bolt and magazine. By that time you have most of the cost of another rifle. Just a bit more compact....

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    , but you also need the right bolt and magazine. By that time you have most of the cost of another rifle. Just a bit more compact....
    From a cost standpoint you can get a Ruger American for about the same as a bolt, barrel and magazine. I've considered it but once you factor in the saddle scope mount it's probably a cost loser unless you are limited to one rifle by some sort of regulation life in Europe.

I'm thinking in the U.S. it may be the answer to a question nobody asked- I'd be very curious to hear from someone who actually owns one or know the sales figures.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

There is a recall on all Icon, Venture and Dimension rifles built before June 2013 for a safety lever engagement issue.
    http://dimensionrifle.tcarms.com/recalls
    I have read some reviews on the Dimension that vary from major accuracy issues to greatest rifle ever purchased. Good news is that TC will replace any barrel the doesn't meet the 1 MOA accuracy test, if you contact them.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~