Thread: adair argo tracks?

Default adair argo tracks?

Has anyone had problems with their adair tracks falling off or driving out of their tracks during side-hill maneuvers. How tight do you run them? (track sag and/or tire psi). Thanks a bunch!

Not sure if they are like the true argo hard tracks but they have to be put on a certain way or they will walk out of them
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Attachment 75672Attachment 75673

Buzz, here are a couple of photos, send me your email -[ljanchorage@aol.com]-and i'll download some more, and give you my experience to date.

The German

Try posting over on 6x6world.com or calling Adair. They have great customer service and might be able to give you some advice.

I was looking at pro series (adair) but found some communication about tracks not working well in alaska. Tracks were coming off in soft tundra and side hilling. The rig was a mud ox powered by diesel sounds heavy. I liked the pro series because of width and little chain problems. I,m looking at escargo type tracks but don,t know if they will fit my 25" tires. What have you heard?

I purchased a set of Adair Pro Series a year ago and have been very satisfied. That said, I think each of the different tracks have their pro's and con's. I have found that the Pro Series are awesome in the mud, do swim in the water, since they do not require wheel spacers they do not add increased stress on bearings, can nearly fit on quad trails and maneuver in timber better due to the narrower footprint. However, the narrower footprint is a handicap in the snow and the UMHW grousers are slick on ice - you can buy a track widener kit as well as ice cleats to remedy each of these issues. I have uploaded a coupe performance videos on u-tube to demonstrate functionality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_z5oycMMec and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53OX8aQ-L2g

I also have a set of Adair and have never walked out of the tracks to date. I have had them walk up partly on back tire from tracking in ATV ruts in hard trail, lesson learned avoid ruts. These were deep ruts. I have had no issues in soft tundra, and I just finished a 20 mile run on tussocks and tundra zero problems. I do ensure I keep tire pressure correct, daily checks.

I'm really happy with mine and would buy them again. I stopped by the plant in Iowa and picked up 4 sets on a group buy. Mike and Tim at Adair were great, gave me a tour of shop and work areas I even got invited to Tim's house for a BBQ!! Very nice shop and well laid out. Tim did mention to me that steep side hilling could cause an issue, but so far I haven't had a problem. Adair gets an A++ from me.