Thread: Boats for Sale

Question Boats for Sale

I'm looking at upgrading & was wondering if anyone knows of a 26ft North River or Duckworth O/S for sale this winter? One in Alaska or the Pacific NW would be my preference........
    Thanks
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Little bigger than 26ft but it a good price!!! http://www.alaskaboatbrokers.com/lis...tail.php?id=86
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

That's a smoking deal! Better jump on that if you have the coin.

That is a nice boat for the price, only draw back is the 1600 hrs on the motors

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    was thinking same thing....i wouldnt worry about the hrs to much, i bet theres charter boats in craig with 3 times that amt & its better than motors sitting hardly getting use.....i bet you could get that price lowered to as there looking to sell............at any rate if your set on a north river thats a great deal

The trailer is not included. Add 7-10k for that.

Quote Originally Posted by excav8tr View Post
    was thinking same thing....i wouldnt worry about the hrs to much, i bet theres charter boats in craig with 3 times that amt & its better than motors sitting hardly getting use.....i bet you could get that price lowered to as there looking to sell............at any rate if your set on a north river thats a great deal
    A fellow charter operator runs the Verado's and tells me he's pushing nearly 5000's hours on some his engines. If it's only got 1600 a guy has lots of time remaining on them with regular service.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundfisher View Post
    The trailer is not included. Add 7-10k for that.
    Didn't notice that when I first looked at it but it's still a smoking deal. A quality trailer will probably run $13K for that size boat but still a great deal. A new base model with nothing added, no engines, no options starts at just over $100K so this boat would be a good deal even if you had to spend $13K on the trailer.

A fellow charter operator runs the Verado's and tells me he's pushing nearly 5000's hours on some his engines. If it's only got 1600 a guy has lots of time remaining on them with regular service.
    He must not be pushing too much weight. Typically we get 2000-2500 from our Verados. (twin 250s) Have seen em go much earlier though. I'd say that 1600 is getting to the end of it's life and it could go at any time.

AK boat brokers also has a Yellow Norvelle 2896 with trailer for $115k. Twin Suzuki 2500hours mostly put on in the past 2-3 years, but really well cared for. I don't know what a new Norvelle costs but this is a buy as well.

Sobie2

That Norvelle is a nice looking boat! Personally I'd want the fishing deck to be a couple feet longer, but for more of a cruising boat it would be a slick setup.

The Koffler Explorer has my eye, definately a great fishing boat and the cabin could be spruced up a bit for longer trips.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    He must not be pushing too much weight. Typically we get 2000-2500 from our Verados. (twin 250s) Have seen em go much earlier though. I'd say that 1600 is getting to the end of it's life and it could go at any time.
    Not sure about how much weight, but they run all North River/Almar boats of the same design as six pac charter boats. Im sure much depends on how they're operated and maintained. New Verados 250's are available for $19K so even if they had to be replaced anytime soon probably not a bad deal.

I start paying attention at 1500 hours. They start to burn oil, so that needs to be checked every 3rd day. Alternators would be another spot of concern on those engines. They get worked awfully hard with everything requiring juice to for them to run/steer. Probably not a coincidence that boats with those engines hit the used market at 1500-2000 hours.

BTW, I run at exactly 4200 RPMs and have the dealer do 100hr services at pretty much exactly 100hrs, all season long. I'm easy on engines.