Thread: Stolen beaver and trap

Default Stolen beaver and trap

Walked in to check the line today and had my first beaver and 330 stolen. Looked like a couple sets of footprints walked right down my line checking my traps for me. The sucky part was that it was my first year trapping. We have worked hard since nov. 10 setting for mink, fox, weasel and beaver. Cant hardly believe people would hike in 30 minutes, walk someone elses line and steal there trap and fur. You could see where they drug the beaver out of the creek and could see where the tail was drug thru the snow. So pissed! But part of trapping on the outskirts of town. If any one hears someone braggjng about getting a beaver around sutton send me a pm. I have already filed a report with Alaska state troopers. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Quote Originally Posted by akman907 View Post
    Anyone else had this happen to them?
    Happens to somebody every year it seems. I know several guys that hang a trail camera or three at the beginning of their line and/or along the route, for that very reason.

Well, now they'll be looking to get some trail cams too.
    heck, I had trap and fur theft in the valley in early 70's bad enough that I quit trapping there. Far from anyones back yard. It's always been and will always be.

Part of road trapping. Sucks about the hard work and then getting taken like that. I used to snow shoe a line 7 mile loop and still had people stealing things. I have to say, Sutton is one of the worse places in the state to this. I can say that because I have also got stung there years ago. Keep your chin up and move on. Karma will get them and also reward you. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies and encouragement. Good luck to you guys.

What a bunch of cr@p! Stealing from someone elses line is bottom of the barrel.

Were you trapping in the idiot zone? That would explain a lot if you were.

Sorry you lost a big conibear. While they aren't hugely expensive its still an un-needed expense to replace it. I hope whoever stole it got their arm caught in it. Jerks.

#Sockeye. I must agree....love to see them get a hand or arm..caught in the 330. I hadnt seen any one in the area I was trapping....until tuesdays incident, but obviously I was in the idiot zone! With time restraints, job and family I had to trap where I did. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by akman907 View Post
    #Sockeye. I must agree....love to see them get a hand or arm..caught in the 330. I hadnt seen any one in the area I was trapping....until tuesdays incident, but obviously I was in the idiot zone! With time restraints, job and family I had to trap where I did. Lesson learned.
    Unfortunately trapping in the idiot zone is a reality for me too right now. I do it knowing full we'll I'm going to lose traps eventually. Because of that I mark ally traps on gps, not with flagging. My trail is still easy to follow but I figure I might as we'll make it a little harder to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk