Thread: July Kodiak king fishing lodge.

Default July Kodiak king fishing lodge.

I've searched the forums and have decided to just ask and see if anyone has recommendations due to past experience or knowledge.

I have three friends coming to AK in July 2014 and we would like to do a 2 day and night stay in a Kodiak lodge or boat where we can catch and release kings, sockeye, rainbows, halibut or anything that swims from morning till dark. We are all avid salmon slayers but would mostly like to get away from the crowds for a couple of days and live like kings with access to some remote fishing and nice accommodations. We don't really need guide service as much as transport to some good spots and some hots and cots and we will be courteous and grateful to a good host.

If anyone has been to or heard of any service or lodge like this either reply to this thread or PM me any info you would be willing to share. I feel personal feedback would be much more reliable than looking at a bunch if slick websites that could be nothing more than talk and pretty pictures. Thanks for all responses.
    If anything is going to happen, it'll happen out there.

I'm not sure why a lodge or boat operation would be top secret. I would even welcome any such operators to reply.

Hook up with Jeff Peterson at the Old Harbor lodge. He's here on the site as Kodiakcombo. Best of the best for kings and much more around Kodiak. His web site and contacts are here.

You folks must be pretty hardy if your fishin from light till dark....guess it is only 2 days though !

Thanks BrownBear, I really like the "combo" idea. Break things up a little bit. They have a very nice website but your input is much more valuable than a website that is designed to attract, how ever scrupulous. I'll look more into Jeff's operation.

Ha ha. We'd like to think we can fish all day but we do know how to take a break. We prefer to call that break fishing.