Thread: Kodiak recommendations

Palmer, AK

Default Kodiak recommendations

Just starting to do some research on a southern Kodiak hunt for two aging hunters next year. Looking for recommendation on lodges and/or ships. Deer would be the primary, goats secondary, bear unlikely. Probably a November hunt. Thanks for any input
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Mile 102 Glenn Highway

I have been using Kodiak Charters out of Larsen Bay for the last 5 years. ( You stay at a house in Larsen Bay. Price includes food, lodging, daily drop off and pickup by boat. I always see a lot of deer. No goats close to where I have been hunting but there might be goats further up Uyak Bay I most generally just hunt closer to Larsen Bay. There are bears around but I have not seen a very many while hunting there. Get in touch with me if you want further info. I live at Mile 102 on the Glenn Highway so we could probably meet in Palmer sometime to discuss it if you want.

Here is a link to a post I did on Trad Gang about my trip this year.