Thread: Interesting video of bear dying, apparently of natural causes

Default Interesting video of bear dying, apparently of natural causes

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20131206/ak-beat-bear-running-uphill-dies-heart-attack-video

My money says cause of death was a cerebral aneurysm. Symptoms described by the witness and captured on the video are all consistent with an aneurysm and associated seizure. The seizure is quite apparent in the film.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

That is indeed interesting. As we all know, animals have their health problems same as us....

This reminds me of a time many years ago when a buddy and I were sheep hunting in the Kenai Mts. Where we were hunting we could see across a large drainage where there were quite a few hunters because you could fly into a lake. Opening morning was like a war over there. There were sheep running everywhere, and we could see a few hunters that had been successful. Luckily there was virtually nobody on our side and we also both killed our rams. I killed mine late in the day and ran out of daylight side hilling back to where we said we would meet up. I needed to drop my pack and try and make it back before dark. I ended up finding my buddy in the dark and seeing that we both brought our bags and I had a poncho we just spiked out up on top. The next morning we headed back to find my pack full of sheep meat and found it (intact) without a problem. While we sat there, my buddy admiring my ram horns, I looked across the now barren hillside across the drainage and I think I see a white spot. I pull up the spotting scope and sure enough it's a sheep laying there.....a ram even. But it wasn't just laying there asleep, it looked like it was laying there dead with nobody around. First thing I think of was somebody shot an illegal ram and left it to rot. We waited for quite awhile, and nobody ever came around to the ram.

Anyway, we hike out and on the way back there was a cabin on a lake where F&G flew in and would check hunters. We told the officer about the ram and he flew my buddy up there to see where it was. He thanked us and told us he would let us know what they found out. A day or so later they flew in on a helicopter and hiked up to the ram. They let us know that nobody had shot the sub-legal ram. They did an autopsy on the ram and determined that he had died of a heart attack.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Wow, that's some wild footage. Thanks for posting.

I wonder what tranquilizer darts do to them? Would be neat to see the whole vid.

Looked much like a stroke in a human
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you