Thread: I'll be on the ice a week from today:)

Default I'll be on the ice a week from today:)

I can't wait!
    In one short week I'll be on the ice. I'll probably just hit Big Lake Friday. Has anyone been out? How is it?
    Heard of a good pike bite? I'm anxious to go after pike too. For now I've got to be able to ride from my house in big lake so I'm limited

was out at Big lake Thurday, some ice roads are in .The ice on the east end, south shore campground was 12 "14". West end towards saddle back island just off the ice road was 8" not enough for me to continue.I caught one 16" char.

Quote Originally Posted by love em and leave em View Post
    was out at Big lake Thurday, some ice roads are in .The ice on the east end, south shore campground was 12 "14". West end towards saddle back island just off the ice road was 8" not enough for me to continue.I caught one 16" char.
    Was there any overflow near saddle back?

only got within 400 yards of saddleback ,no ice roads close to the island and just off the closest road going straight towards it , was only 8"of ice I went no further. I fished burnt point cut 20 or so holes and caught 1 char, ice was 12" 13" then fished closer to the south campground and ice was 13 " 14"no luck.no overflow only 4" of snow on lake.

Thank you sir for the report. Looks like I'll take the quad!