Thread: Cut Deer Horns

Default Cut Deer Horns

Shot a big mullie and cut one side to fit into airline checked baggage, Help with repair?

Drill?
    Pin?
    Glue?
    Touch up paint?

Like to try this myself. Post or call with any advice.
    Thanks Louie
    229-8839

One of my elk mounts had to have one side cut off to fit down the stairs. My taxidermy buddy drilled a square ( special bit) hole from the bottom of the skull in to the antler before he cut it off. Square stock kept the antler in exact spot until it got ready dry and gave it a slight twist. Before I knew there was such a thing as a square hole I'd heard of people using two pegs to keep it aligned

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by realunlucky View Post
    One of my elk mounts had to have one side cut off to fit down the stairs. My taxidermy buddy drilled a square ( special bit) hole from the bottom of the skull in to the antler before he cut it off. Square stock kept the antler in exact spot until it got ready dry and gave it a slight twist. Before I knew there was such a thing as a square hole I'd heard of people using two pegs to keep it aligned

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, that's the way a buddy taxidermist would do it when people wanted removable horns on their mount....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!