Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone called up yet for AM415? (nuisance moose hunt)

Default Anyone called up yet for AM415? (nuisance moose hunt)

Has anyone been called up yet for the nuisance moose hunt? I was under the impression they were going to start come December 1st.
    Been seeing a lot of moose on the roads here in Big Lake.

Nobody I know has been called yet. Haven't heard of any problem mooses either though. Have you called fish and game?

[QUOTE=ak_cowboy;1347623]Nobody I know has been called yet. Haven't heard of any problem mooses either though. Have you called fish and game?[/QUOTE

I haven't yet. I will and post here when I do.

F&G said that they hadn't issued any yet and that they probably wont until January.

Dm413 tag is still active till Dec 25th so I wouldn't expect any till at least after that. We have one of the DM413 and I keep going back and forth on what would be the best use of the tag. Part of me wants to take the boy out a little more remote but there is a lot to be said for just driving along the roads I commute on every day and harvesting a moose that is more likely to end up in a collision with a vehicle.

Well I saw 7 cows on Hollywood rd (just before the S curves) 3 days ago. Just after sunrise. Only 1 of them had a calf. I'm surprised I haven't seen more of them hit out there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Dm413 tag is still active till Dec 25th so I wouldn't expect any till at least after that. We have one of the DM413 and I keep going back and forth on what would be the best use of the tag. Part of me wants to take the boy out a little more remote but there is a lot to be said for just driving along the roads I commute on every day and harvesting a moose that is more likely to end up in a collision with a vehicle.

With the lack of snow this year, the moose are able to get around better. The impression I got when I called F&G was that this hunt is not only for a nuisance moose, but ones that get it trouble, like getting caught up in a fence, etc.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

please take a moment to look this thread over if you are interested i these hunts

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ssue-continues
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    please take a moment to look this thread over if you are interested i these hunts

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ssue-continues
    Thanks Vince I'm very interested in what you posted. Hope your back heals up quick!

Ike

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk .44 View Post
    Thanks Vince I'm very interested in what you posted. Hope your back heals up quick!

Ike
    thanks for the wishes...

i hope so too.. pretty tired of sitting.. but heres a peek... you can see where it broke.. after last years attempt to fix it... . just under the top screws,

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Dang that looks uncomfortable! How long do you have to have them in there?

Ike

forever..... going to have to learn to shoot all over again..

meet on face book here

Default Anyone called up yet for AM415? (nuisance moose hunt)

Well at least you will have an excuse for going to the range mor often lol.

Ike

Man I though I was bad having 4 screws in my neck, but you're really screwed!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

No call yet... my 12 gauge is not working since I put the new slug barrel on; might have to take the bow. Those look like zip ties holding the vertebrae together. Looks uncomfortable to say the least.

No one has received a call yet, huh?! I sure hope I get the opportunity. Both of my kids are allergic to beef and chicken, which is a pain in the you know what! Wild game is almost all we eat and we are working through the caribou I got last year. Thank goodness they love salmon and halibut too. Hopefully this snow as of late pushes the issue enough for F&G to give the green light. We will see I guess.

AZinAK

Have you thought about getting on the roadkill list?

sent from my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by AZinAK View Post
    Both of my kids are allergic to beef and chicken, which is a pain in the you know what!

AZinAK
    Allergic to chicken and beef. Wow thats awful. Guess you have to be really careful.

Sometimes kids grow out of allergies. Its probably worth getting them tested again at some point in the future.

Good luck with your moose.

Quote Originally Posted by SockeyeOne View Post
    Allergic to chicken and beef. Wow thats awful. Guess you have to be really careful.

Sometimes kids grow out of allergies. Its probably worth getting them tested again at some point in the future.

Good luck with your moose.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Have you thought about getting on the roadkill list?

sent from my igloo
    SockeyeOne...Thank goodness its not to the anaphylactic level. Just makes them feel sick and they look sickly too. Organic meat seem to affect them less so when we do us it, we try to do it sparingly and with organic meat. Hoping they grow out of it too and thanks for the thought.

I have thought about it ak_cowboy...just have been fortunate enough to have the meat reserves in the freezer consistently enough to not need to utilize it. May have to go that route depending.

Good luck to everyone on the draws and AM415. This augmented subsistence living we can enjoy up here is wonderful.

AZinAK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast