Thread: tier on draw ?

Default tier on draw ?

Ok so if you put in for the tier one permit I get you can only put in for a moose permit in unit 13 but when you look over the draw supplement for unit 13 permits it say a member of a household that apply for unit 13 tier 1 caribou permit are eligible to apply for moose hunt 325

I guess i dont fully understand what this mean ?
    the person who puts in for and gets a tier 1 permit can put in for any unit 13 permit or just permit 325 ?

if someone could just explain this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Ok so if you put in for the tier one permit I get you can only put in for a moose permit in unit 13 but when you look over the draw supplement for unit 13 permits it say a member of a household that apply for unit 13 tier 1 caribou permit are eligible to apply for moose hunt 325I guess i dont fully understand what this mean ? the person who puts in for and gets a tier 1 permit can put in for any unit 13 permit or just permit 325 ?if someone could just explain this Thanks
    If you do Tier I, you and your family can only hunt moose and caribou in Unit 13. The only draw moose tag in Unit 13 is DM325. So everyone can apply for DM325, but no other moose draws.

ak_cowboy covered it pretty well.

YOU are not putting in for tier I, your household is. It is not an individual permit application, it is a household application for a single permit. The restrictions on the Tier I permit apply to everyone in the household that applies, thus restrictions on moose hunting apply to everyone in your household.

As you said, there is only one moose hunt available to residents in unit 13 this year, DM325. Based on that, if your household puts in for the Tier I permit, the only moose hunt permit anyone in your household can apply for is DM325. Anyone in your household is still allowed to hunt moose using a regular harvets tag, but only in unit 13.

ok I think I got it. My brother was putting in for it so I was trying to understand it for him.