Thread: Wolves Kill Female Hikers

Interesting article. Sound like fish and game needs to get some helicopters and take out some wolf packs.

Move over National Enquirer, the Western Journalism Center is here.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/terry-..._b_181270.html
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Wow, Using the Huffington Post to refute the Western Journalism Center... We have definitely got to the BOTTOM of this story!

Not the most reliable news source (not that one even exist anymore) but it does make you wonder, why they misidentified the one for the other. Being that they went missing in September and that it was cold so decomp should not had been an issue. Had to use dental records to ID her, I have seen what wolves leave of a kill and it is not more than the stuff in the digestive track and some hair.

Have a look at this video...

Wolves left unchecked will increase in population until they eat their selves out of a food source. Then and only then will their numbers decrease if left unchecked...

First they will eat all the game, then livestock, maybe the livestock and then the game because the livestock have been so domesticated, they are just easy meals.. then pets, and once they are starving they will start on the only thing left... people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPZXevpiGBg#t=137
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMike View Post
    Wow, Using the Huffington Post to refute the Western Journalism Center... We have definitely got to the BOTTOM of this story!
    That wasn't to refute, that's just additional entertainment.

The "Western Journalism Center", aka "the Western Center for Journalism", is an ultra right-wing propaganda center founded by Joseph Farah. It is not a credible news outlet. Fabricated sensationalism like the OP story is just a means to lure additional viewership.

Here's an equally credible story from an equally credible source: http://www.themorningstarr.co.uk/201...#axzz2mT6fRXN1
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

I don't wish to enter into a political debate. I will just say, that human intervention into reintroductions has not had the best of track records. There are always unforeseen consequences.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I found that article a little confusing, Pac.....are the wolves Islamic radicals as well?
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Pssst. The Western Journalism Center is a UN black op. Bigfoot showed me the documents proving it. Now I can't seem to find him anywhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I don't wish to enter into a political debate. I will just say, that human intervention into reintroductions has not had the best of track records. There are always unforeseen consequences.
    If you don't wish to enter the political debate, don't post your opinion. Have you read of disease and over-population lately with lower 48 game species? It was human intervention to darn near exterminate the wolf populations in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by eidsvolling View Post
    Pssst. The Western Journalism Center is a UN black op. Bigfoot showed me the documents proving it. Now I can't seem to find him anywhere ...
    You can't find Bigfoot, because he was assassinated in San Antonio earlier this year http://www.ksat.com/news/Man-claims-...c/-/index.html The same guy killed another one, back in 2008, but that was covered up (by guess who?) and made to look like a hoax. This time somebody got it on film, but the body is being held in an undisclosed location near Vegas (guess where?). There's no way they're going to let the real truth get out. The illegal wolf pack insertions and Bigfoot assassination are really just a rusky red herring though. It's all to distract from the real agenda: STEALING OUR WATER!!! http://www.westernjournalism.com/?s=UN+water
    #Resist

First of all, this has nothing to do with hunting in Alaska.

Second of all, according to the linked article, it is far from certain that wolves caused the death of these hikers:

Retired US Fish & Wildlife Biologist Jim Beers and other area citizens fear that a marauding wolf pack or other predators like a bear or a cougar may have attacked, killed and eaten the women.
    Third, the bulk of the linked article is highly political, and thus is not allowed per our forum rules.

I wanted to explain this publicly rather that just deleting the thread so that folks understood why it is being locked. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to do so in the Out and About forum or the Global Discussion forum, but please use a link to a different source for the story that is not so highly politicized.