Thread: Anyone build a removable hard top for a "John" boat?

Default Anyone build a removable hard top for a "John" boat?

I'm looking for ideas, pics, & tips.
    Want to build a removable hard top for river hunting trips for a 21' Koffler guide model flatbottom. Don't remember the width right off but I think the bottom is around 60". It's heavy alum.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

If you find one, I would be interested in seeing it.

Nida core/foam and fiberglass top light as your going to get. Should make a nice sail! !

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

within reason I'm not too worried about weight. I have a nice wirewelder & would like to use light steel ( don't have capability of welding alum) for a frame & maybe 1/4" ply for a skin?
    Vance in AK.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Contact Deweys Cook Inlet and see what they do on their SeaArks. They do cabs and windshields. I know SeaArk does factory stuff but also sends those things to dealers, and I belive Deweys may have stuff made locally. Start there, and there is forum sponsor welding shop too. I live in Southeast so don't know off the top of my head.

Sobie2

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    Contact Deweys Cook Inlet and see what they do on their SeaArks. They do cabs and windshields. I know SeaArk does factory stuff but also sends those things to dealers, and I belive Deweys may have stuff made locally. Start there, and there is forum sponsor welding shop too. I live in Southeast so don't know off the top of my head.

Sobie2
    When I bought my SeaArk from Dewey's they subbed it out to Ben at Silverstreak to weld on the windshield

Thanks guys. looking mostly for pictures & ideas. I have the resources to build it myself.
    Vance in AK.

Most of the ones I see on the Yukon are plywood, wood or metal framed. Seen some that used old trucker campers on top with plywood to extend them up.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Most of the ones I see on the Yukon are plywood, wood or metal framed.
    That's kinda what I'm thinking... Would like to see some pics of what others have built. I'm a visual kinda guy!
    Vance in AK.