Thread: Farewell Lodge

Default Farewell Lodge

Looking for information on the Farewell Lodge. Is it still in operation? I have read some about a fire but can't tell if it completely shut down the lodge or not. Anyway if it is still in operation, I would like to get some contact information on the folks that own it or manage it. Thanks

Nothing much left there but a small cabin for the guy who does the weather for the NWS.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

It burned to the ground in 2010 in a forest fire out there. I believe Cathy Frost is still the owner, although there was some dispute about that for a while.

Yk

Thanks for the info YK and AK Mud. I'm trying to put together an adventure for next year. Sorry to hear about the fire.
    Does anyone know if they have a landing strip there the can be used?

Here is Mud's adventure from way back further than I realized (I was thinking like 2010, but it's '07!!!)

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-Farewell-pics
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Here is Mud's adventure from way back further than I realized (I was thinking like 2010, but it's '07!!!)

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-Farewell-pics

Good times! I made another trip out there in 2011 but didn't take as many pics.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by magnumrn View Post
    Thanks for the info YK and AK Mud. I'm trying to put together an adventure for next year. Sorry to hear about the fire.
    Does anyone know if they have a landing strip there the can be used?
    Farewell is the one used most often in the area, but there is a partially overgrown strip at Farewell Lodge (its mostly on private property) and another at nearby Tin Creek. Note that Farewell airstrip is quite a distance from Farewell Lake Lodge if that was the specific area you wanted to get too.

Yk

YK...Thanks again. It seems like you have good knowledge of the area. To be more specific on my part. I'm looking for a place to land a 185 on the South Fork of the Kuskokwim and before the no fly zone. The one at Tin Creek would be close its just 1-2 miles too far south. Does that part of the Kuskokwin have descent gravel bars to land a 185?

Magnumrn...

I'm not aware of any place to land a 185 on SFK down that low, but I've never looked either.

Also not aware of any "no-fly" zone out there? Pretty sure I've flown over every inch of that country at some point over the years. There is a considerable amount of private property to the south, but nothing that keeps you from flying. Although I've never used it, Tin Creek is on BLM land and is open to the public.

Magnum-- No fly zone is down river by Nikolai and Mcgrath. It is item number 1 in fish and game regs state restricted areas for unit 19.
    Well away from your AO for this hunt.
    Joe