Thread: barney's slip on hipwaders

Default barney's slip on hipwaders

anybody using these sourdough slip on boot/hipwaders? What do you like/dislike?

I have the Wiggies and they are ok. The coating on the inside of the "sole" wore through pretty quick. They do work though. I attached some straps so I could attach the top of the wader to my belt. If I didn't attach them they kept falling down.

I've used the ones that fit between outer and inner koflach for many years. They work very well and are holding up. About 5 Oz. I think I bought them at Barney's about 7 years ago.

Ive got a set and I love them. I bought them last year at the anchorage sports show. There handy to have around and there light. The only drawback Ive found is that there loud to walk in.

I, personally, do not own a pair … but on this site, actual lack of experience with the equipment does not make you “inexperienced” … it makes you a moderator. But seriously, I have spoke to a few who have had these and all found them “uncomfortable”, ”didn’t wear right” and per usual “not worth the price”. On the other hand, I have spoke to a few others and own the one’s sold a Wiggy’s (I don’t know if they are “his” or he distributes) … I like them. And at $50 (Wiggy’s) vice $140 at “the chalet” (big surprise) … I’d shop around.

(Yeah … I know … “edited”, “deleted” … don’t bother with the email ).

I should probably clarify. The Wiggy's waders work great for incidental crossings of streams and beaver ponds. I have even done some fishing with them. The leaks developed during a sheep hunt but the waders were "working" pretty hard.

They pull on over your boots. This keeps single boots dry and is also nice with double boots because you do not have to stop and take your liners out of the shell.

To repair the leaks I coated the lower sections of the inside with "tool dip". It worked great.

If you are using double boots, trash compactor bags make nice waders. They are cheap, light and readily available. Pull you liners out, place the bag over your foot/socks and then slip the plastic shell over the whole works.

I have used the bags with single boots on the outside of everything and it works for a few crossings but rocks are not friendly to them.