Thread: Fishing in September/Oktober

Default Fishing in September/Oktober

Hello Ladies and Gentleman

we are looking for some information where can we go in September/Oktober fishing somewhere in Alaska.
    We are from Europe/Germany/Munich and have interest in nice
    not crowded places. We are interested in salmon/trout fishing
    in rivers or lakes.
    Does somebody have some infos it would be very nice. If you
    need some infos about munich/Oktoberfest or so on let us know!!
    We have been in Prince of wales three years before which was
    a wonderfull trip!!

Sarasota, Florida

Default Kodiak thumbs up...

Without a doubt I would recommend this as your destination. A book on it is carried in this site's bookstore, and there's even a free chapter to click into.

Mid-September is perfect timing and the fish will be there with only moderate crowds. This destination can be cost efficent and you can do it self-guided.

The Emerald Isle is an excellent option and its rivers of life flow just as refreshing and cold as Beck's beer...

I'm just considering options for them, but Lake Iliamna seems like it may be a viable option. There are very large rainbow trout there, as well as northern pike and a few other species, and adequate lodging. Being the largest lake in Alaska, there is plenty of sight-seeing also.

I was in and around Munich in 1998 for Oktoberfest and I fell in love with the area. Bavaria is one of my favorite places on Earth! I was very impressed with all of Deutschland that I saw. The bier calls me back all the time!
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Eagle River/ Juneau

SOutheast and kodiak will have silvers in rivers that time of year.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.