Thread: Quartz lake

Default Quartz lake

I've been out of the loop for the last half year work and new kiddo in the house. I know this past winter kill did a number to quartz lake has any one been out there lately? I want to take my 3 year old out. Does any one got any recent reports ?

F & G put in a little over 20 ,000 fish over half were pan size the last part of AUG to the middle of SEPT. so it should be great for pan size fish
    [ info OFF there web site ] SID 8+ inches

Not to get off topic, but you would probably do just as good on local water in the North Pole area. I've been doing well on Eielson AFB pit ponds, and a friend of mine is having success at Chena lake. There's also Bathing Beauty and North Pole pond, both of which were freshly planted this summer. The state's website shows Chena getting approximately 20,000 catchable bows, salmon and char.

I was recently on Bathing Beauty and did better than I expected, but I have to say that that it's not that much fun being so close to the road. I haven't been to Chena Lakes yet (I heard it was still pretty open) but the fishing has generally been fine in the stocked ponds I've been hitting around Fairbanks (let us now praise "Gulp Alive" - that stuff is crazy). I generally don't find Quartz worth the drive, myself.

If you haven't tried it already definitely check out ADFG's lakes database: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm....lakesdatabase.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

I love quartz lake every time Ive fished there it always seemed worth the drive. I'm thinking Chena lakes so it can keep my son a little more entertained