Thread: Building arrow Question

Default Building arrow Question

I'm building some arrows for the first time, for the upcoming season. My question is what nocks would you recommend best for hunting? I don't want lumenocks or any type of lighted nocks, just something normal of good quality. I've been You tubing alot of the "How to" stuff but not sure if I should glue the nocks in or just insert them, the ones I bought were inserted and I actually fired arrows that left the nock on my string. My shafts are Gold tips at 8.1 gr per inch, gonna go with blazer vanes, and my broadhead will be fixed one piece G5 Montec 100 gr. thanks ....

If your using the gold tip nocks they used to have a set screw in them for adjustability and security... They are meant to be rotated and snugged up to secure from rotating with your cock feather up, down or out depending on rest style... The uninock is a good choice just make sure to get all the same color.... Bright for hunting and black for competition shooting... They are not meant to be glued in ... Bushings yes... Nicks no... Gold tips don't have bushings...

Thanks BigUnga, The ones I had before were eastons, and they weren't holding in firmly into the shafts for some reason. I will see what the shops have here or in Anchorage for nocks, hopefully they have the ones you mentioned.