Thread: permanent stands for baiting

Default permanent stands for baiting

im sure this is already posted in here somewhere, but is there anywau to legally build a permanent stand for baiting? if I hunt other stuff at the same location after and before baiting season does that makeit legit? I

How about building a stand on top of the ATV? A permanent and elevated platform to watch the baits from and/or sleep through the night.

You can build a all the permanent stands you want. IF YOU OWN or LEASE the Property. Remember I am a part owner of ALL federal and state lands that are NOT leased out for a specific use. And I don't want other peoples stands on MY undivided share of federal and/or state land.

Quote Originally Posted by mudman1 View Post
    im sure this is already posted in here somewhere, but is there anywau to legally build a permanent stand for baiting? if I hunt other stuff at the same location after and before baiting season does that makeit legit? I
    As far as I know the answer is no unless it's privately owned land.....meaning either yours, or you get permission on somebody elses'.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

No. There is no legal way to build a stand. Anything you bring in during the season must be taken out. If you took the bear baiting clinic this is one of the main points they make. It is illegal to leave any trace of your baiting activity after the close of the season. You may put stands back up for moose season, but you have to take them down before the end of the season again.