Thread: Northern pike

Default Northern pike

Where are some good places to go for pike if you don't have a snow machine or quad any information would be helpful

I have had a good time at Fire Lake in Eagle River as well as Nancy Lake.

Where do you suggest on nancy lake like deeper areas or shallow areas and are you able to drive out there

on Nancy within 1/4 mile of the first parking area. I have went to the right and fished just infront of the first house with success. To the left there is a stream that can be productive as well. you dont have to fish too deep. I plan on heading up in the next few weeks if i dont get into Red Shirt.

Fire lake by the parking area or East of the Island.

I was just out to Fire Lake on Friday, caught my first ever Pike!! Pretty fun when those things nail your jig!! It wasn't the biggest thing but plan to go back and hopefully get a few more. Anybody ever tried Memory Lake in Wasilla for Pike??

I have been there twice and came up empty handed both times. I fished around the bottleneck. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ail&LakeID=377
    just becareful around that area because some people spear in that area, and you dont want to walk on thin ice.

Here is some more infomation that could be helpful about pike fishing in the local area.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static-sf...rthernPike.pdf

Thanks for the info. Andy!! I was reading in another thread that some guys were slaying some pike out there and reading on F & G website it is one of the lakes that is overrun with pike, so that is unfortanite that you haven't gotten into any out there. The bottleneck area looks like a spot where they would be too but it doesn't have the nice drop off like Fire lake does!