Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fur Catching Boasts

Default Fur Catching Boasts

I'd like this to be a continuation of AlaskanFever's catching thread. I'm sure we all enjoyed hearing the whole prime/unprimed debate, (sarcasm is hard to understand through a computer so I'll be blunt, I'm being sarcastic) but I think its safe to say most would appreciate to get back on track with some pictures and stories of their takes.

Opinions are like *****holes, everyone has one and they all stink. So keep em to yourself.

Pictures, stories, congratulatory comments only please! How's everyone season going so far?

Early season my boss and I went out and collected a couple reds. Seems like every fox I get these days has been a red, but it's better than no fox. I don't have a picture of that guy. However on that same trip I shot at a coyote we spotted about 230 yards off the highway, but missed... A little irritated with myself on that one!

Got lucky on a lynx just the other day. Saw this gal moving away and she was about 85 yards when I squeezed one off. Didn't realize I had saved the world from a zombie apocalypse when I took her.

That's all the fur I've gathered this year so far and with a little one on the way, expected mid January, pretty sure it'll be a low numbers year for me. But I can't wait for this little gal to get here. How's everyone else's fur season treating them?

This one is one of my best trophies because it was lip squeaked to 22 yards and taken with a longbow. It was not quite prime but is getting tanned and euro skull because of the experience. Rare opportunities should not be passed.

Quote Originally Posted by 450 ktm View Post

This one is one of my best trophies because it was lip squeaked to 22 yards and taken with a longbow. It was not quite prime but is getting tanned and euro skull because of the experience. Rare opportunities should not be passed.
    That's awesome! Agree with you 100%!

That's incredible! Where was that at? I agree, that is a fantastic trophy, its not all about dollar value!

Nice cat ak! I been trying to get out this weekend but something always comes up

I gotta figure out how to break this bad luck spell. It's only lasted about 5 years.

Nice cat pic and kudo's to 450ktm on an outstanding feat for sure to bag a coyote with a longbow!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Congrats that is quite the accomplishment .You do not see many shot with archery equipment.

Second fox of the season, and my first cross fox ever. My two little boys (8 and 6) have helped me run some smaller snare lines this year, and they're thrilled with our success. This one, though small, will end up in the living room (or in one of the boys' rooms)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trapping2013 (4 of 4)-2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	75422

First fur of the season. Heading back out in the morning to try it again

Sent while hiding from the boss

Quote Originally Posted by BearMountain View Post
    Second fox of the season, and my first cross fox ever. My two little boys (8 and 6) have helped me run some smaller snare lines this year, and they're thrilled with our success. This one, though small, will end up in the living room (or in one of the boys' rooms)

Name:	trapping2013 (4 of 4)-2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	75422
    This is a great depiction of why I think fox are so awesome! Each one is so unique and this one is truly unique in my book! Awesome fox man!

And Tony, that's a good lookin cat too!

Nice evil cat you got there AK Pred, keep up the good work on the zombie slayings. I'm certain that a snowshoe flute brought that critter to it's demise, it just has that "look" to it.

Default First for me

Nothing too crazy, but was lucky enough to catch my first mink tonight Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mink.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	75443
    Ryan from Wasilla

That is pretty cool I hunt with a compound and my hat is off to ya on a long bow kill.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Name:	Wolverine1.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	75867 Trapping has been slow but managed this guy over the weekend!

Wow that's a big wolverine! Did you catch it in a conibear?

Quote Originally Posted by Anythingalaska View Post
    Wow that's a big wolverine! Did you catch it in a conibear?
    I caught it in a leg hold. My wife and 3 year old were with me, it was pretty crazy. He wasn't very happy to see us.

That looks huge to me, no wonder they can whip a bears rear-end...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Taker View Post

Name:	Wolverine1.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	75867 Trapping has been slow but managed this guy over the weekend!
    That is awesome. Are you going to have it mounted? There is something about a wolverine that holds mystique and reverence.

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    That is awesome. Are you going to have it mounted? There is something about a wolverine that holds mystique and reverence.
    I dropped it off at Dahlberg's last night, I cant wait to see it mounted. My Wife and 3 year old Daughter very rarely come trapping with me so this one's got some awesome memories. My Daughter is still talking about it.

Laker,

Nice catch! Awesome wolverine you got. I saw that one on facebook.

ps...nice hat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast