Thread: Navonics Mobile Chartplotter App

Default Navonics Mobile Chartplotter App

Anyone running the Navonics HD chart plotter app on a tablet or smartphone, particularly an Android tablet? I was thinking about getting it for my tablet just to use as a backup and for the passengers in the boat to pass around (no view of the chart plotter from the other seating in the boat). Don't want to drop the $50 bucks on it unless I know its halfway decent.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

We use it on an iPad for the same things (back-up navigation, and for passengers), and it works great. Well worth the money.

Don't know what brand of electronics you are using, but Garmin makes an app and a wifi adapter that allows your plotter to share info to a smartphone or tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Don't know what brand of electronics you are using, but Garmin makes an app and a wifi adapter that allows your plotter to share info to a smartphone or tablet.
    The Garmin in my boat is a 3206.... it from 2007, i don't think its going to support it, but i am off to the Garmin website to have a look.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    The Garmin in my boat is a 3206.... it from 2007, i don't think its going to support it, but i am off to the Garmin website to have a look.
    The answer is no that is not going to work, unless I buy an Ipad and a brand new Garmin 8XXX unit...

It works great on my iPad. The only complant is it does not show course up. I have talked with them a couple of time and they say they will have that option soon.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    The answer is no that is not going to work, unless I buy an Ipad and a brand new Garmin 8XXX unit...
    Blue Charts app work with the 4,5,6&7 series. Wasn't sure about the 3 though.