Thread: Shipping used atv

Default Shipping used atv

Has anyone here bought a used atv on the internet and had it shipped here. I've been trying to get ahold of Alaska marine lines but every time I call and hit 1 for customer service. It Fwds you back to the phone directory. I'm not looking for an exact price, But is it going to cost me 500 or 5000 to have the seller drop the atv off at the dock and have me pick it up in ketchikan.

I definitely wouldn't do it through craigslist or a private person. There are a number of freight companies with Seattle addresses that will get it up here but from the people I know that have used them the cost is substantial. I just set aside cash and wait for a great deal to pop up locally.

Yes thru a dealer ship only.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by badfish888 View Post
    Has anyone here bought a used atv on the internet and had it shipped here. I've been trying to get ahold of Alaska marine lines but every time I call and hit 1 for customer service. It Fwds you back to the phone directory. I'm not looking for an exact price, But is it going to cost me 500 or 5000 to have the seller drop the atv off at the dock and have me pick it up in ketchikan.
    I have had 4 wheelers, Max 6x6's and an Argo shipped up to Fairbanks utilizing Lynden Transport from Tacoma, WA to Fairbanks, quick and not too high shipping prices. $750 to ship a 4wheeler from Tacoma to Fairbanks. Shouldn't be much at all utilizing the AK Marine Lines?

I had a snogo shipped up from New York back in 2005. It cost $2400.00 to Bethel. Yellow Freight.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...