Thread: How do you feel about "FLAT" Triggers vs. "CURVED" Triggers (As a user)???

Default How do you feel about "FLAT" Triggers vs. "CURVED" Triggers (As a user)???

I am NOT interested in your VISUAL preference.......I think they look weird, but I have Never fired a flat trigger. This will go on an AR-15. The example shown is only for helping to communicate my question clearly.......NOT the one I would likely buy.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CMC-T...h-All+Products

I have shot a Geissele 3 gun flat trigger. This particular one has no discernible break, just a straight pull on bearings till the gun goes off. For short range engagements, I really liked it. However, for precision shooting, I prefer a curved trigger. This is because, while I didn't realize it, for slow, accurate shots, I moved my finger to the bottom of a curved trigger to get the most precise feel for the break.

For a 0-100 rifle, I'd prefer the flat Geissele, for anything over that, I prefer a curved bow.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks..........

I like my triggers like I like my women,curve is a must
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I like my triggers like I like my women,curve is a must
    ...And they shouldn't be excessively creepy, but neither should they break too easily.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

NOW that is funny and very true.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    ...And they shouldn't be excessively creepy, but neither should they break too easily.

Akheloce--Check the instructions that bill supplies with his triggers. Yours is out of adjustment! All Geissele triggers have a sharp distinct break.

As for the original question--I like the flat trigger. I even have a CG trigger set up with a piece of an Allan wrench as the trigger.

If any of you folks are interested in doing some precision shooting, The Alaska Rifle Club has mid-range prone matches at bullseye targets. You can shoot with a sling, from a bipod (if you are shooting a .223 or .308) or from a rest with a sniper sock or sandbag in the rear. We shoot at 300, 500 and 600 yards. And if Range Central at Ft. Greely gets straightened out, we will spend 3 weekends this Summer shooting Long Range up there.
    After February, check our 2014 match schedule at www.akrifleclub.com