Thread: Shooting Glove for Magnum Revolver

Default Shooting Glove for Magnum Revolver

Folks,

Looking for suggestion for shooting glove and/or wrist support for the largest magnum revolvers. Most interested in preventing long term damage from full load range practice. Many thanks.

I haven't tried these but they are getting recommendations On the web sight "Handgun Hunting Magazine" hunting forum.

http://www.pro-aim.com/Pro-Aim.com/Main.html
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I've always liked good padded palm weight lifting gloves with velcro strap wrap around wrist support. If you think about the intended use for those, wrist and palm support over extended heavy lifting, they are suited well to shooting big bore revolver. I've got a fairly light and compact .44 magnum that they work well for and they mitigate a lot of the felt sharp snappiness from recoil in my palm and wrist.

Thanks for the ideas.

Good bicycle shops have padded palm gloves as well.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Here's a link to the best in the business, by the way if you can, pick up a copy of "Big Bore Revolvers" Max(Whitworth on the forums) has some work on gripping these guns that was a surprise to me and a bonus in the book.
    http://www.pro-aim.com/Pro-Aim.com/Main.html
    Steve

Hold the revolver right and you do not need a glove. Hold it like Taffin does and you will ruin your wrists. The palm is the least of your worries.
    Recoil should carry your arms up, not rotate the grip in your hand and twist your wrist.
    Your computer mouse is more dangerous then a gun.
    Gloves are good for the slippery grips.

Gloves are one thing you just need to try on. Some are to thick, some are to thin, and once in awhile you find one that is just right
    I like to use one on my shooting hand and generally pick one that has the fingers cut off.