Thread: Denali Highway

Default Denali Highway

Any word from Alpine Creek lodge on the snow machine riding conditions yet? Looking at their weather cam, it appears that there is about 8-10" of snow.

Yep, the road is groomed all the way out there from Cantwell, and I think they were continuing the grooming over to Maclaren Lodge yesterday or today. Sounds like they have more snow than anywhere else, but I'm sure that there are still stumps to be found off trail.

Do you know who was doing the grooming?

We received funds for grooming this year from Cantwell to Alpine Creek. We are working with Jeff King, since he has a track vehicle and groomer to get the job done. We groomed from Cantwell to Alpine Creek yesterday, and then from Alpine Creek to Maclaren River this morning. It's just a simple drag, but it's working great! There is anywhere from 1 foot to 3 feet of snow along the entire distance. No gravel showing on the highway, and it's great running on the machines. About 5 miles to the East of us, there is a lot of snow already! At least 3 feet, and more the farther North. Lot of snow up Valdez Mine Road. I haven't pushed the trail in all the way around yet, but plan to in the next couple of weeks.

Riding around here is decent. Lakes are froze pretty good, and there is enough snow on the ATV trails to make a great snow machine ride! All out boon docking is probably limited to the Upper Clearwater.

Great time to be out predator hunting. I have most of our traps out, over 200, at this point, and we've had a decent start to the season.

We have room on Thanksgiving, so if your looking for something to do, come up, watch some football, and eat some turkey!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Thank you for the update. Sounds like it is time to get some early season riding done.

Claude, good to hear you guys are doing the grooming now. We'll have to look at coming up more than just once this year.

Rick

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

Happy Thanksgiving to Claude, Jennifer, Lil Bob, Chrissy, Mark and Bandit...Hope to see you before Christmas, unless picking up mail!!!But I did get that other sled for THOSE rides in...