Thread: Ice Fishing On the Yukon River

Default Ice Fishing On the Yukon River

This is how I roll

Great video, I was wondering how do you get the rope from one tripod to the other?

Now that's pretty darn cool

Thanks guys.

To set the net I chop a few more holes between the end holes(tripods) and use a long pole and tie a float on the end.

Then I tie a rope on the floater on the end of the pole and shove it under the ice in one hole and it will pop up in the other hole.

I untie the rope and pull the pole back out then go to the next hole and retie the rope on the floater and shove it under again till it pops up in the next hole.

We keep going from hole to hole until we have a string the length of the net then just tie the net on and pull it under and tie it off on the poles.

We set them when the ice is thin and keep it out all winter if we want a break from fishing just take the net out and leave a string under the ice so you can set the net back anytime.

Its always nice to eat fresh fish all winter long I got three big Burbot yesterday.

I use a 60'long x6' deep with 4" stretched mesh in the spring for pike and whitefish but I might have to give the under ice net a try next year. looks pretty shallow where you are setting maybe 3-4' deep? I set in the mouth of sloughs in the spring I imagine they would still be good in the winter as well as eddies eh? Nice size whitefish you got there yum yum!!!
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

I am in about 10-12ft of water and yes if you can find an eddie that's always good, you can set the mouths of sloughs as well.