Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helly Hansen fans ??

Default Helly Hansen fans ??

Any of you Helly Hansen fans tried the Helly Hansen Impertech II Deluxe Realtree Camo Pants ? I'm not a big fan of bibs. And the rain gear That I thought was good proved me wrong on Montague
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I love Impertech….after a couple of excursions into the seductive (and damp) world of waterproof and breathable I'm back to Hellys. The only bad thing about the pants is you have to what how much you sit with them and tear the seat out, same with knees. That pretty much applies to any rain gear though.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I also love the Impertech. The only rain gear I have used that actually keeps you dry all day long. Gortex does not cut it when exposed to prolonged periods of rain and/or snow.

I pretty much run the bibs. Here's the impertech II camo jacket w/ green bibs:

It's got to be pretty wet and windy for me to want to wear the stuff. I overheat pretty easily.

Impertech guide model & hip boots

If it's wet out, I'm wearing Helly Hanson. I go for the lighter stuff, their Voss line. Plus they're super tough. Not going to sneak up on anything, but I HATE getting wet.

I like impertech. Usually get a couple seasons out of it. It's cheaper to replace every few years than buying some of that expensive junk. Plus I stay dry.

Alpine is awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by beauhunter View Post
    I like impertech. Usually get a couple seasons out of it. It's cheaper to replace every few years than buying some of that expensive junk. Plus I stay dry.

Yep- my last set of expensive stuff only lasted three years… and cost a LOT more than Impertech. Yep- better to just run Hellys to failure…as a bonus you can do field repairs with a little seam grip or water tape.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I'm a carpenter.....seems like every rain day of the year, no matter what, I'm right under an eave somewhere doing my "salmon swimming up a waterfall" impression ....HH is the only raingear I'll buy.
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Thanks for all the replies . Anybody in Wasilla sell them ?

After reading some old post 2006 - to present . Anybody have any other input as far as what brand rain gear to get or look at ?

25 years working and playing in the SE woods Grundens Petris is tough to beat.

Grundens Herkules have lasted twice as long as my Hellys did. Wouldn't ever go back to HH

sent from my igloo

I eat fish, and wear Grundens myself... Never tried HH, but Grundens always hold up against my abuse on the trail, and the sawmill.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Grundens Herkules have lasted twice as long as my Hellys did. Wouldn't ever go back to HH

sent from my igloo
    No doubt. For commercial fishing, very few wear HH any longer. I don't know if Grundens has a lightweight lineup that compares to Impertech, but for heavy duty stuff I would stick with Grundens or Guy Cotton. I may add a set of Impertech to my lineup for wheeler-based caribou or moose hunting, but for lightweight stuff I'm sold on KUIU. It's not rubber, but if I'm packing into the sheep mountains then Impertech is far too heavy and far too sweat-trapping.

Impertech has been hit and miss for me. On those drizzle days it seems to work ok for a few hours, but in a hard rain I always seem to have damp areas around the shoulders and back. I keep buying it though....I guess I like the lightweight and flexible design.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

My Impertech is 3 yrs old & has never failed me. It may not be sheep hunting light (My Wiggys bag, Eberlestock pack, & Barney's frame probably aren't either) but it's ALLWAYS in the pack when I'm hunting. I tried some of the breathable stuff but if it rains enough all that I have tried eventually inhale. Not good. There is probably some stuff as expensive as my rifle that works, I just can't afford to try it.
    Impertech is fairly light, fairly rugged, & simple. Commercial fishing or mining rugged? Nope.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Been through a few pairs of the Impertech over the years but love them. Quiet, tough, stretch a bit, and fairly reasonable if you catch them on sale. Duct tape will stick to repair them.
    Wouldn't go into the woods w/out 'em.
    BK

Much like Brian, I'm sold on KUIU for mt. hunting. Never again will I sheep/mt goat hunt in Impertech, I end up as wet on the inside as if I wasn't wearing anything. For everything else, its Impertech and on the boat I love my grundens.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    My Impertech is 3 yrs old & has never failed me. It may not be sheep hunting light (My Wiggys bag, Eberlestock pack, & Barney's frame probably aren't either) but it's ALLWAYS in the pack when I'm hunting. I tried some of the breathable stuff but if it rains enough all that I have tried eventually inhale. Not good. There is probably some stuff as expensive as my rifle that works, I just can't afford to try it.
    Impertech is fairly light, fairly rugged, & simple. Commercial fishing or mining rugged? Nope.
    I could survive with HH and a Wiggys bag but if I ever had to pack a sheep out with one of my eberlestock packs I have little doubt that I would dump it out and light it on fire the moment I got back to the strip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast