Thread: Nancy Lake

Default Nancy Lake

So went to Nancy Lake this morning and the parking is by the main road this year as no plow has been to the landing since snowfall. Tip up action was hot or as hot can be with Nancy Lake. Caught three on tip ups and around a 20 flags between the two of us. Ice thickness is about 8-12 inches depends on how close to the river outlet you drill. There is about 4inches of white ice on top of good clear. Jigging was a bust as spoons and soft baits didn't get any action combined with the stained water the clarity was awful and no fun using a camera. Pike were from 25"-30". Biggest was caught on a hooligan.

Thanks for the report
    I still really need to catch one of those.

Has anyone been able to drive on the lake? I'm staying in a cabin soon for a weekend of ice fishing and would like to drive on the ice to the cabin.

Is fishing near the outlet usually the most productive area or are there other places on the lake that produce well through the ice?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Fished Nancy for 5 hours yesterday 3 flags, one fish 24 inches. All flags were on tip ups with hooligan, 0 on herring.