Thread: You know what really grinds my gears??

Default You know what really grinds my gears??

To the guy who left his trash all over on little Campbell lake this morning, if I see you out again, you and I are going to have words. Oh and way to teach your kid about right and wrong and personal responsibility. You're just raising the next generation of irresponsible *********. Seriously, there is a trash can at the parking lot, how much extra effort would it have taken to throw your bag of shrimp in the garbage?

trash all over...sounds like it was one bag of shrimp and maybe he just forgot it possibly
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

It shouldn't matter, you're right it was just one bag and maybe he "just forgot" but if everyone just forgets one piece of trash on the ice pretty soon we are walking around in a dump site. I picked up other trash besides his on the way out today too and maybe they "just forgot" that doesn't make it ok and you making excuses for them is just part of the problem. Personal responsibility is one of the biggest things missing in today's society, I just sort of felt like ranting about it, figured I would get some "what a dirt bag" or "yeah I can't stand that either" not "oh jeez maybe he just forgot"
    Unless you're saying it was you out there this morning with your loud kid and your cooked shrimp.

dont worry yo... as shaggy would say "It wasnt me" heck i wouldnt mind if someone forgot a bag of bait on the ice i would pick it up and use it. not complain about it and call him out on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    dont worry yo... as shaggy would say "It wasnt me" heck i wouldnt mind if someone forgot a bag of bait on the ice i would pick it up and use it. not complain about it and call him out on the internet
    Lol! Well said...
    I don't like people leaving garbage around either but dude, it's Campbell lake.. Do you expect differently? At least the guy has his kid out there. Thanks for picking it up, good luck with the whole internet call out thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Jibby View Post
    To the guy who left his trash all over on little Campbell lake this morning, if I see you out again, you and I are going to have words. Oh and way to teach your kid about right and wrong and personal responsibility. You're just raising the next generation of irresponsible *********. Seriously, there is a trash can at the parking lot, how much extra effort would it have taken to throw your bag of shrimp in the garbage?
    Be very careful. If you bring it to me that I left a bag of shrimp on the ice I would apologize. If you wish to ruin my day while doing so, I will respond in kind and so will most of the people that I know. I would be thankful for the free shrimp.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Jibby, is right ,in my opinion.There is trash all over the lake by spring time .I do try to pick up some while walking the dog and I dont think that just because its in the city it should be treated different than any other lake .keep it clean, look over your area when you leave so you dont leave trash behind.Enjoy and respect the great place we have to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtofak View Post
    Be very careful. If you bring it to me that I left a bag of shrimp on the ice I would apologize. If you wish to ruin my day while doing so, I will respond in kind and so will most of the people that I know. I would be thankful for the free shrimp.
    Rep comming your way. If I forget something on accident and some one says hey you forgot this I would say thanks sorry man. If you come at me guns blazing there will be a situation

Sent while partying
    Alaska swamp man pro staffer

I can understand why you would be upset, on the other hand if you treat some one like a jerk then you better to be ready to deal with a jerk! I know if I had honestly forgot ONE thing on the ice and some dude got up in my face about it he would have another thing coming. Especially if my kids are present!

Whats wrong with society today is that people have no respect for each other! Some times people make honest mistakes. You want to talk about doing whats right with a child present then talk about how your going to have words with said person? So does this mean your going to act like a cussing, yelling belligerent fool in front of a CHILD!?! If so I sure hope you rethink your actions. Some times a little KINDNESS goes a long way! Perhaps if you had said nicely, "Hey, you forgot your bait" the guy might have actually forgotten and actually THANKED you for reminding him!

You never know till you TRY to be nice and remind some one. Instead of getting on a local forum and flipping out like a child about his one piece of trash.

Wow, good on him for bringing his kid out and training up the next generation of sportsman. Are you really going to get that upset over a bag of shrimp? I can tell you I've forgotten things ice fishing and I'm sure I'll do it again. Sometimes packing up to leave is a bit hectic after one child accidentally steps in the hole, another drops the ice skimmer in the deep snow and can't find it, or I've untangled three lines for the 15th time. The smiles on their faces after catching fish is all worth it and someone like you would totally ruin it. Seriously, don't get all worked up over a bag of shrimp. If I ever leave something behind after we're done, I sure hope you don't come up to me and my kids with that attitude or call me out on a public forum.

This should be a good reminder to adults and kids. While it may be a bit overboard to flip out over "just one piece of trash", it also is not good to dismiss it either. I know that when I was a kid, whenever we were leaving a camp site or other similar location, everyone did a "camp check". We would all go through and make sure there wasn't anything left behind. Not everyone will look in the same places, so best to have multiple sets of eyes to catch that thing you forgot was left hanging on a tree or sitting on that log. I would think leaving a fishing spot would fall under the same type of thing. Good chance to teach the kids to do a quick "camp check" before heading back to the truck.

As a frequent user of that lake during the spring/summer, I know there seems to be a high amount of trash that ends up in there come spring time. No way to know if that is tied in part or whole to ice fishing, but you can imaging that anything left on the ice in the winter will melt down and end up in the water come spring.