Thread: Onieda Victor Trap supplier?

Default Onieda Victor Trap supplier?

Was interested in buying some Onieda Victor traps for Lynx and Marten, but can't seem to find a dealer in the Fairbanks area. I have found Duke and Bridger traps at Sportsmans and Frontiers, but have heard from a couple different sources that these types of traps are not as good as Onieda Victor traps. So should I buy cheaper traps in the local area or order more expensive traps from somewhere else? Really interested in where most of the trappers on here purchase their traps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Minnesota trapline is a great place to order from.
    http://www.minntrapprod.com/

Check the link AK6Pack posted and while you are there take a look at the MB line of traps. I have used Onieda Victor traps for about 40 years and still use them some. They are good, dependable, well made traps for sure but look at the MB 550 and the MB 650. These are the best made traps out of the box I ever put my hands on. I been using them on cats and coyotes and they are good traps.

I believe Arctic raw fur Co. in Fairbanks sells trapping supplies give them a call. I usually order all my traps from MTP, F&T, Cumberlands, or the snareshop and have had great service from all. They will ship traps in flat rate boxes so the shipping is actually pretty cheap. Not a duke fan but bridgers are fine for lynk or marten as neither are going to fight the trap hard but if you have wolverine that frequent your line then an MB 650 OL would be a good choice since wolverine like to get into lynk cubbies and then promptly destroy your lynk trap lol but the MB 650 can take the abuse.........
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Quote Originally Posted by Cast Iron View Post
    Check the link AK6Pack posted and while you are there take a look at the MB line of traps. I have used Onieda Victor traps for about 40 years and still use them some. They are good, dependable, well made traps for sure but look at the MB 550 and the MB 650. These are the best made traps out of the box I ever put my hands on. I been using them on cats and coyotes and they are good traps.
    I agree that the MB line of traps are the best out of thebox traps. I have several of the 650s and the 750s. The only thing I have everseen pull out of a 750 was a pissed off MT lion that I caught by the back footwhile trapping in SW Montana. Talk about one mad kitty. The area wasdemolished! The big cat finally used its front claws on the tree it was tiedoff to to pull itself free. Definite evidence on the tree. Here is a picture of one my Brother caught that wasn't so lucky!!! Sorry the pic is so small.

Thanks for the responses! I will do a little more research and make my selection.

Default traps

+1 for mb traps.They are good traps.And they make them themselves right in there shop.They are also trappers so they know trap,s.Great customer service.