Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Proposal

Default A Proposal

Thought I Would Put This Out There So My Fellow Airboaters Could See It, I Black Bear In This Area To Help The Moose Population But They Want To Restrict Me From Using It To Hunt Moose. Not Sure If Any One Else Hunts There But Thought You Guys Might Be Interested In This.117.pdf

If No One Knows What This Is Its A Proposal That Was Put In To Stop Airboat Use For Moose Hunting. These Are What The Board Of Game Get And Some Times Make Law That Go In The Reg Book. There Are A Lot Of Different Ones Out There All You Have To Do Is Go To The Alaska Dept Fish And Game Web Site And You Can See What Are In There

No offense intended, but do you realize how hard it is to read your posts ?
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

This is what they have done in the Minto area, restricted airboats from hunting moose in Minto, now that want to do it in the Nanana/Wood river area. What can we do to prevent this? We all have to do what we can to stop this restriction on our use of airboats. If the harvest in that area is greater then the area can support, they need to do something to restrict size/seasons or some other method to decrease harvest, rather then to restrict our airboat use. Bud
    Wasilla

Sorry Just Wanted To Make People Aware Of Some Of The Selfish People Out There That Put In Proposal To Keep Other People From Hunting. And If You Don't Fight These Proposals The Reg Book Gets Bigger And Harder To Understand

I hate to state the obvious, but the majority of the BOG proposals have very little to do with game management and are focused on benefiting or giving an advantage to one user group over another.

The "Haves" versus the "Have Nots" Easy to read between the lines of this proposal, The locals don't want any increased competition for what they "perceive" as THEIR moose.

I would suggest that you Rally the Airboaters and send in your letters of NON support. I don't think you are going to generate much support either for or against this proposal, as it only applies to a narrow segment of hunters.

Just my JADED view from seeing the system in action.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Skip,
    If there's anything we need to do down here......I'll get it going, let me know.

I'd hate to see it end up like Cordova's mess with the boating situation.
    BK

milo, thats slow, percise, montana drawl. what? you aint bilingual or somtan? the kings English is old school. im afraid sid is spot on. the bill skip qoutes, states that the herd is stable? haves or haves nots plain and simple. so how does one stop or defend a bill like this?

What Needs To Be Done Is You Write Comment To Prposal 117 And Send Them To The ( Alaska Dept of Fish And Game Board Support Section, PO Box 115526, Juneau Ak 99811-5526, They Have To Be In Before Jan 31,2014

Quote Originally Posted by AK.airboater View Post
    milo, thats slow, percise, montana drawl. what? you aint bilingual or somtan? the kings English is old school. im afraid sid is spot on. the bill skip qoutes, states that the herd is stable? haves or haves nots plain and simple. so how does one stop or defend a bill like this?
    Never Seen Anyone Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word It's Just Weird And Actually Kind Of Hard To Do If You Try.

If you want to garner support for your cause, perhaps you would be better served by making it easy for those you want to convince. That's all I'm saying. I have no idea if he is making a valid point because I quit reading. Know What I Mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

It's very easy to read.....

Lets get back to the fact that our moose need some help and shouldn't be saved for the special user group that tends to have enough special priveleges already. Enough is enough, we are all AK residents and the game should be available to all of us regardless of your skin color!

Thats what Skip is saying......know what I mean!
    BK

Thanks for the heads up Skip. I'll push the information to friends of mine and write fish and game as well. And I Have No Issue Reading Your Posts, Just Saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Never Seen Anyone Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word It's Just Weird And Actually Kind Of Hard To Do If You Try.

If you want to garner support for your cause, perhaps you would be better served by making it easy for those you want to convince. That's all I'm saying. I have no idea if he is making a valid point because I quit reading. Know What I Mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No watt eye meen?
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Your may also email the Executive Director, Board of Game:

Kristy Tibbles(907) 465-6098
    kristy.tibbles@alaska.gov

This is what I wrote feel free to use it (I plagarized stid):

Alaska Department of Fish and Game
    ATTN: Board Support Section
    PO Box 115526
    1255 W. 8th Street
    Juneau, AK 99811-5526

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I am writing regarding Proposal 117 – 5 AAC 92.540 that is intended to restrict airboat usage in the Wood River area of Units 20A and 20C.

As a lifelong Alaskan I do not support this proposed restriction.

If indeed the moose population is in decline, restricting a group of hunters based on what they use for transportation is not appropriate. Instead institute size and/or number restrictions that apply fairly to everyone to ensure that the game is not over-harvested.

Once again we find ourselves playing the “have” versus “have not” game. This has very little to do with game management and everything to do with managing people. It is focused on benefiting one user group over another user group, with no real regard for the stability of the moose population.

We need to remember that this resource is held in commonality among all of the people of the State of Alaska.

It belongs to all of us not just a few.

Please reject Proposal 117 – 5 AAC 92.540.

Best Regards,

Thank You Needcoffee

Also sent in a letter. Hopefully more will follow suit and state the same!

Thanks for keeping us up to date Skip.
    BK

Thanks skip ! & thanks "need coffee" ! I'm at work on slope, riding out a blizzard ! I would like to go on a weekend or day trip with you or Bkmail this year if your interested ? My wife & I hunt and travel or camp alone, I don't want to invade your " secret spot" but just want to gain experience and knowledge for safety ! Share some 24+ years of Alaska experience boating, plus we love the adventure !

I also sent a letter today !

I e-mailed mine but apparently that is not how they do business as this is the reply I got back.....anywho, I resent it as she requested.

Dear Mr. BK,
    Thank you for the email concerning proposal 117 that the Board of Game will consider at their meeting in February.
    The process for submitting comments on proposals to the Board is via fax, mail, or an online submission page. The link for the online submission is: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ocess.comments.
    Our fax is 465-6094, and our address is P.O. Box 115526, Juneau, AK 99801.

Please submit your comment via one of these options in order for it to be included in the board members’ workbook for the meeting. You are encouraged to submit them prior to the “on time” comments deadline which is January 31st.
    Let me know if you have questions.

Kristy Tibbles

All, your best option will be to attendant the BOG meeting being held in Fairbanks beginning on the February 14th to the 23rd. Sign up and give a testimony in person. Testimony usually takes place that first weekend only, and you must sign up before the cut-off time. Showing up makes the biggest impression. So if you live in the Fairbanks area, really try to attend the meeting. One could also support Proposal #108. Need to be pro-active in protecting our Access Rights, or the next thing you know, you won’t have an area to Access! Hope to see you All there. More is Better in this case!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast