Thread: Costco knockoffs to the EU2000

Default Costco knockoffs to the EU2000

Are they any good? $619 at Costco. Brand appears to be "Smarter Tools" and it is an inverter; says it has a Yamaha motor. Can't beat the price.

Can't beat a Honda either. They cost what they do, because they do what they do for a LONG time. Four of those know offs wouldn't last as long as one honda.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by northernalberta View Post
    Are they any good? $619 at Costco. Brand appears to be "Smarter Tools" and it is an inverter; says it has a Yamaha motor. Can't beat the price.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Costco will take anything back no matter how old or what condition and refund your money. The only exception is electronics such as computers, TVs etc.

COSTCO'S RISK FREE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

Membership:

We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.
    Merchandise:

We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touchscreen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

FWIW, Costco was not enthused to give me a refund on a generator I bought there that blew out the crank seal within a week of purchase. They didnt want to accept it because it had oil and had traces of gas in the tank (hazardous). They ended up taking it, but it was a bit of a hassle. Maybe the policy has changed as that was 5-6 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    Costco will take anything back no matter how old or what condition and refund your money. The only exception is electronics such as computers, TVs etc.

Membership:

Merchandise:

We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touchscreen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

Get a Honda!

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post

Membership:

Merchandise:

That's what REI told me when I paid $220 for a pair of Lowa boots last year, which are now falling apart at the soles. In the interim, they changed their policy, and I am not stuck with the boots. You are your own warranty. Don't count on a store or corporation living up to its promises.

My in laws and I both have one of the Costco Smarter Tools inverters; they liked theirs well enough that they gave one to the wife and I as a gift. I think its probably a little louder than the EU2000, but not unpleasant at all (someone on youtube has a noise comparison). Have only used it on weekends this last summer, but has fired right up every time and given us no problems. Waaaayyy nicer to pack around than the old school non-inverter "portable" generators I'm used to lugging around. I guess time will tell if it holds us, but so far so good.

I bought the Yamaha, very similar, but had newer technology in it than the Honda. Not disappointed, prices very similar. Jim

We got one to take the load off of our larger built in RV generator. It ran great for the weekend.

We had a problem with the plastic case. After running it for a day the base started to crack and crumble. I had it running on flat hard packed gravel.

They took it back and I got another one no questions asked.

Haven't taken the replacement out yet but I now have a sheet of plywood for it to sit on.

If it happens again I will return it and cash out. Costco has a great return policy.

Well.... Several months later and about 70 hours of running on a sheet of plywood the case is cracking. Clearly this is a weak link to the generator. I guess I will take it back and get another.