Thread: Baffin Titans... anyone have these boots??

Default Baffin Titans... anyone have these boots??

My Sorel Dominators are finally cracking around the edges and being that Sorels are being outsourced to being made in other countries I ordered myself a pair of Canadian made Baffin Titans. Anyone own a pair of these? If so what are your thoughts on the boot?

My Baffins suck. Want cold feet, buy Baffins.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I can't speak for model of baffins, but about 10 years ago or so, I was replacing my Sorel Glacier 3's and bought some Baffins when they were relatively new up here. I paid something like $150 for them, and used them twice. Then, gave them away. They froze my feet in mild Kenai Penn. weather.

I now swear by bunny boots.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've had great experience with my Baffins, but don't have the model that you're asking about. That said, my Baffins are way warmer and more true to their temperature rating than any set of Sorels I ever owned.

The one pair of Baffins that I've had (don't recall model) were better built and warmer than any pair of Sorels that I've had.

Lately I have been wearing Muck Arctic Pros more often than pac boots though. They are smaller and less clunky but lack a removable liner. I wouldn't trust them in really super cold temps but they are fine down to -15 or so if I keep moving.

Just got these boots and used them ice fishing all weekend (average temp was -7 in morning) with a thin pair of synthetic socks and they rock for the money ($109.00). Also love the idea they are made here in North America (Canada). I can finally lay my Sorel Dominators to rest.

Love the Baffin Boots. But they are only good when it's really cold and no moisture whatsoever. I don't use mine if it's above 20 or so. I've survived with warm feet at -50 many times with them. If it's over 20, I like the bunny boots.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com