Thread: Bull Moose out of the Mountains and in JBER yet?

Default Bull Moose out of the Mountains and in JBER yet?

The JBER thread died after Sept and I have not seen anything about moose coming out of the mountains in ANC yet?

Anyone seen any moose near JBER recently? Does it take deep snow to get moose moved lower even after the rut is over? A couple years ago a bus driver was talking about all the moose moving to lower elevations like clockwork.

Looking forward to the bow opener on 15 Dec.

Definitely haven't saw any sign of moose crossing the Glenn as of yet. I would expect that this last storm will get many of them moving that way or at least I'm hoping.

Live on post and haven't seen much lately… About a month ago we had a small bull hangin around the house but haven't even seen him. Im sure things will be heatin up for your December tag tho!

I'm going to be out on bulldog trail a day or two next week. Then 4 days the following week, I'll let ya know what I see out that way.

Thank you Andy!

Sure hopin a few are hanging around come opening week. As of right now only been able to carve out 15th-17th to chase em, but we will see. If I can't find anything those days will have to give it a whirl after the new year. Been looking forward to this permit all year--even passed a small legal bull back during general season giving my partner the shot looking to this December. But like many plans, work and family have overtaken control.

Good luck to all that get out there. It's a real treat just to have a chance for a moose hunt in December.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

I know I said I would be back on bulldog this week and next but my plans changed.

anyone harvested anything yet?

5 moose arrowed/harvested on Dec 16th.

Got this one on December 15th on east side of Bulldog Trail between Campbell and Chester creeks.

photo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stibitz View Post
    Got this one on December 15th on east side of Bulldog Trail between Campbell and Chester creeks.

photo.jpg
    Nice bull...
    "Grin and Bear It"