Thread: Flat Horn/ Figure 8

Default Flat Horn/ Figure 8

Anyone been out yet?
    I figure there's enough snow and frozen ground to get out here

Default Bump to the top

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    Anyone been out yet?
    I figure there's enough snow and frozen ground to get out here
    I have been waiting watching too. I know some friends that landed a plane on Alexander creek,and they said they had seen some tracks out that way but didn,t know what way they came from or any of that . Ha, I know not much help , But maybe others will jump in here with newer news.

Can a person cross the little sue yet? I have never been out there but sure want to go.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

No problem plenty of ice and snow. Two Alexanderites have crossed the Big Su all the way to Alexander. They said Fish creek had a little over flow but that was it. I'd say watch for any over flow on the lakes and other than that your good to go. I would have been with the guys going across but I am in Hawaii for a bit!

Has anybody been out there? Any pike?

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    No problem plenty of ice and snow. Two Alexanderites have crossed the Big Su all the way to Alexander. They said Fish creek had a little over flow but that was it. I'd say watch for any over flow on the lakes and other than that your good to go. I would have been with the guys going across but I am in Hawaii for a bit!
    Yeah I hear for two more months. Just a rumor though. Hope ya poke your eye out with the little umbrella in your Mai Tai.

Is a person allowed to ride their atv out to figure 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Jim View Post
    Yeah I hear for two more months. Just a rumor though. Hope ya poke your eye out with the little umbrella in your Mai Tai.

Just for information the ice is also good in the Mai Tai!

Quote Originally Posted by AKNUCLEARZR View Post
    Is a person allowed to ride their atv out to figure 8?

You have to have at least a foot of frost or a foot of snow. As a resident who freights the trail constantly it would be nice not to have to deal with atv ruts all the time but if it is your only transportation then if you just stay in a straight line on one side of the gas line and don't go all over the darn trail like you were in a demolition derby it would be greatly appreciated! Ice fisherman use atv's all the time and most are courteous but then just like everything else you have your Bozo's! And I would check with Fish and Game because I might be wrong about it being legal but I doubt it since they patrol the area fairly regular.

WHY would it not be , stay on the trail an you are good ? correct ? do inform me if I am wrong . SID

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    WHY would it not be , stay on the trail an you are good ? correct ? do inform me if I am wrong . SID
    Not trying to start a debate here just informing some one new how to keep everyone happy.

The best way to be sure is to get a copy of the use permit from the Dept. Rules are different for established trails and frozen waterways than for open riding. You can use any vehicle of 10,000 pounds or less on the gas pipeline after November 9, and on frozen waterways, as long as ground is frozen hard enough to prevent damage to it. To go offroading requires vehicle less than 1000 lbs and at least a foot of snow.

I did not think there is enough snow to take snowmachine. I hear you about the ruts as I am an avid snowmachine rider.

Quote Originally Posted by AKNUCLEARZR View Post
    I did not think there is enough snow to take snowmachine. I hear you about the ruts as I am an avid snowmachine rider.

I think there is enough snow for a utility machine as they are traveling to the Big Su now a days. Probably not enough snow for the Orangatans though!

Thank you for all the information. Is the trail soft right now given the rain and warn temps. If it is I would not take my wheeler as it would certainly tear up the trail.

Thanks again

[QUOTE=AKNUCLEARZR;1348378]Thank you for all the information. Is the trail soft right now given the rain and warn temps. If it is I would not take my wheeler as it would certainly tear up the trail.

Thanks again

Sure wish more people thought like you! Actually AKNUCLEARZR the gas line is very wide and if you stay to one side it shouldn't bother anyone. Especially if there isn't much snow. I am sure with out a doubt others will be out there too. Fish on!

Some of those hills may be pretty slippery by now.
    "Grin and Bear It"

I have hiked that trail that in the summer to the little sue to fish. I don't think I will be doing that again anytime soon

why are you getting old an soft ????????? [ just kidding ] SID

Use whatever you want to get out there as long as it's legal (and four wheelers are legal) just get out there! No one owns or has the right to tell you what to use as long as your within the law, period. The trails are for EVERYBODY!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast