Thread: Vibrating Tumbler Media

Default Vibrating Tumbler Media

Can anyone suggest a local source..(Anch. area).. for tumbler media. I wanted to get some walnut shell to do some small parts. I found some on ebay. 12 lbs. for $18 or 20 lbs. for $26 delivered price. If that's a good deal I'd be happy to order 20 lbs. and split the order if anyone else wanted to try it out. comes in 12/20 and 14/30 grit. If it could be had locally, that would be fine, too...just don't know who carries it.

Head to a pet shop and buy walnut reptile bedding, that is the best if you can find it. I used to get it from Pet Zoo in Wasilla but I hear they no longer stock it.

Great Northern Guns had walnut last I was three, Boondocks in ER, and Sportsman’s usually have cob and sometimes walnut.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks, ADfields! Both Petco and Petsmart have it and are close to where I live. I'll be having me some.

The stuff I use is called Lizard Litter and can be bought from most of the large pet stores.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    The stuff I use is called Lizard Litter and can be bought from most of the large pet stores.
    That's the stuff ^^^^
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Lizard litter... that makes me laugh..
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Yup I love Lizzard Litter for cleaning brass. Then for polishing brass I switch over to corn cob with a spoonful or two of Nu Finish - that gets some amazing results.

I have a 25lb bag of 'walnut litter' that I have used for years, it works great and it was 'cheap'! I add a cap full of NuFinish and the brass is clean and shiny.

I have used a bunch of different additives and several different things work but I now use any auto buffing compound and a rock polishing powder called Cerium Oxide with about a spoonful of each to a tumbler full of litter. It cleans faster and gives a more shiny finish than anything else I've tried. I add a little more of the two every 3 or 4 loads.

Wait, you guys clean your brass... ? LOL.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I use 0000 Steel wool, mostly. Also, some water soluable brass polish on rare, and tough occasions.

Wait A Minute. I have one of them brass cleaner vibrater thingys. Got it a few months ago. It's practically worthless. I hardly use the blame thing. I'm sorry I bought it. I shoulda got more powder and bullets, and primers.

What's this about media? Does it make the brass clean better?

I don't like reely shiney brass. The sun shines on it and scares the caribou, even when it's raining.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    .................................................. .........................................

.................................................. .....................

I don't like reely shiney brass. The sun shines on it and scares the caribou, even when it's raining.

Smitty of the North
    And the guberment can count how rounds you have by satellite when it's shiny.

I paint my brass camo.............;>)
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Wait, you guys clean your brass... ? LOL.
    Glad I'm not the only one thinking that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I clean my brass when it's needed. Not good for dies or guns to put dirty nasty old range brass through them. A tumbler is the lazy man’s way, noisy but turns grungy ole brass most would chuck to clean in-n-out stuff anybody would use with minimal effort. Sure better than 0000 when your looking at a 5 gallon buckit of mixed brass so caked you can't even read the head stamps.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"