Thread: Happy people

Default Happy people

Show on Netflix and youtube called Happy people, Great show with a lot of handmade canoes. Some are like Hudson bay canoes with motors and even load a snow machine in one, and take it up shallow water to there trapping cabin. If you get some time it a great show

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

You can also buy or rent it from itunes. I just did. Very good. Amazing portrait of trapping it old style. Tough, talented guys. Love the axe and boat work!

Also love those light wide skis! Any other resources out there about this type of ski?

Their methods of travel aren't too different than what we do here with our freighter canoes. I look forward to watching the full video after seeing this:

Default Happy People

Ya I enjoyed watching Happy People. Several times. That man is very talented with a hand ax. Did anyone pick up on the Russian, maybe European ax has a flat blade/bit? Not rounded like ours. His hand ax looked like a big shingler hatchet.

Those Russian outboards look rough. Makes me appreciate my Mercury and Evinrude.

Seems like, No matter where in the world, Alaska, Canada, Brazil, The Phillipines, Russia or even Missouri, When some wants to move a large load up a river, they end up with a long and narrow boat.

Great documentary. Watched it three times.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble