Thread: Another reality TV show gets busted

Default Another reality TV show gets busted

Another reality TV show gets busted

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...ing-violations
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Sorry this might be old news....

Not that old......just yesterday..... http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-Witch-hunt-or
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Throw enough money at this bunch of charges and they'll go away and so will the memory of game violations by customers; he'll just continue buisness as usual. He'll be guideing again next year using the same techniques as before, just with different clients.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Not that old......just yesterday..... http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-Witch-hunt-or
    That's what happens when the cabin pipes freeze up I miss something

Talk of throwing away money.......given that state agencies seem to be always crying that they need more money, for the results of this over 3 years of investigation and unknown man hours; And the best they can manage is iffy misdemeanors.....

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Throw enough money at this bunch of charges and they'll go away and so will the memory of game violations by customers; he'll just continue buisness as usual. He'll be guideing again next year using the same techniques as before, just with different clients.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Talk of throwing away money.......given that state agencies seem to be always crying that they need more money, for the results of this over 3 years of investigation and unknown man hours; And the best they can manage is iffy misdemeanors.....
    Law enforcement really isn't supposed to be about "getting the most bang for the buck"... Just saying.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Simeon's head must be the size of a hot air ballon right now...

True, however someone in supervisory position should have said,
    "you got how many hours on this, and the best you got is a few Misdemeanors, find something else to do".

Do you know how many drunk driver there are after 8:PM or speeders on the Hwy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Law enforcement really isn't supposed to be about "getting the most bang for the buck"... Just saying.

"you got how many hours on this, and the best you got is a few Misdemeanors, find something else to do".

The purpose of the Troopers investigative unit is to investigate crimes such as this. That's their job. Their job is not to be out writing speeding tickets.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Maybe they should be writing tickets........it is more closely connected to DEATHS of Alaskans this this three year investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    The purpose of the Troopers investigative unit is to investigate crimes such as this. That's their job. Their job is not to be out writing speeding tickets.

DUI's are misdemeanors too until you have your third. Should they be ignored?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I am getting the impression that some of you would like the troopers to ignore all of his small violations.....Chances are somebody gave them a tip or reported him. if you had given the troopers a report and they ignored it because EVERY Alaska State Trooper was focused on 3 murders, would you be a lilttle peeved? They are obligated to follow up on reports.and I highly doubt that while the troopers were handling this that there efforts on the Jim weet Violations (in Glennallen) would have prevented a bunch of DUI citations. My point is that the troopers are designed to multi task. if 3 deaths, Jim wests hunting violations , and highway patrol is too much for our most elite law enforcement.... weare in big trouble.

I am not gonna bash Jim west I met him for about 2 min and have to say he was quiet but has a terrible reputation. As far as I know he is innocent. untill he admits otherwise or is found guilty in a courtroom. If he is guilty I hope is held to the same standard that I would be held to.
    and if he is innocent....well his reputation is scared worse than prior.
    Last edited by roughneck6883; 11-18-2013 at 08:54. Reason: spelling error
    "Horns make pi$* poor soup"

From historical records of Big Game violations, it's actually common for "investigations" to last for several years before a case is pursued. We live in a litigation society these days, and many a single court case has been thrown out or downgraded because of the simplicity of that case. In the cases where Big Game guides have repeatedly hit the radar of state or federal LEOs, their actions are compiled until enough substantiated offenses have added up to a reasonable pile of offenses, simply to give more strength to a prosecution in court.

In short, a hand full of violations lends more legal grounds for pursuit by authorities. However, if one simple case of guide violation is pursued, then that single offense is more easily downgraded or dismissed in court, which wastes the time of prosecutors and officers, as well as the cost of the investigation and prosecution itself.

Maybe they should be writing tickets........it is more closely connected to DEATHS of Alaskans this this three year investigation.

I guess law enforcement should ignore everything but whatever is determined to be the single most dangerous thing out there. Put 100% of their efforts on that one item since obviously, if they are not, then they could be doing more to stop it, while everything less than that gets no attention. Why should they worry about speeders and drunk drivers when there are murderers out there?

This is why they have different groups and different levels. They need to balance out their efforts to have at least some pressure at pretty much all levels.

Are you familiar with Broken Window Theory? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

Criminologists have extended it to postulate that their choice is between prosecuting a few minor crimes today or several major crimes tomorrow.