Thread: New Trawler Video

Default New Trawler Video

Thought this one was rather interesting. Looks like those sea lions are conditioned to feed at the side of those trawlers. Must be a lot of food being tossed overboard...

http://tholepin.blogspot.com/2013/11...ty-brazen.html

Unhappy The blame game . . .

Cool video . .

. . reminds me of deer following a corn harvester or birds following a combine . .

. . lots of food "tossed overboard," so to speak.

All mankind's efforts to harvest the earth's resources and potential produces waste . . always has, always will . . nothin' new . .

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

All mankind's efforts to harvest the earth's resources and potential produces waste . . always has, always will . . nothin' new . .
    While that's true as you have often pointed out, it's also true that attempts to reduce the amount of waste often bear fruit. Collectively throwing our hands up and saying that's the way it's always has been can be an impediment to improvement.

Nearly all fisheries are more selective (or "clean") than they used to be, which is a great thing. Some still have a ways to go...

Smile You betcha . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    While that's true as you have often pointed out, it's also true that attempts to reduce the amount of waste often bear fruit. Collectively throwing our hands up and saying that's the way it's always has been can be an impediment to improvement.

Nearly all fisheries are more selective (or "clean") than they used to be, which is a great thing. Some still have a ways to go...

Couldn't agree more . .

. . nor did I say, hint, throw my hands up, or otherwise imply anything to the contrary . .