Thread: Winged Aperture Sight/ Ghost Rings

Default Winged Aperture Sight/ Ghost Rings

I'm a big fan of aperture sights and I've seen a couple of samples that have a set of "wings" on each side of the rear aperture to protect the peep similar to Ruger's GSR or a 1917 Enfield.

I have a Kimber Montana that would be a nice rifle with one of these on it. Does anyone know of a source to purchase one for installation? I'd prefer something one piece as opposed to something bolted to a scope base. This would be a dedicated iron sighted rifle.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I assume you're aware of both Brockman and Skinner sights. Would one of theirs be adaptable to the Kimber?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I was only aware of the Brockman pop up…but his Gen III looks exactly like the ticket. Thanks a bunch!

I knew of Skinner but pretty much associate them only with levers...

I'm taking more of an interest in shooting again with a peep these days…. call it "middle youth" <lol>
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post

I'm taking more of an interest in shooting again with a peep these days…. call it "middle youth" <lol>
    Me too. Compared to a scope, It's a whole nother smoke. And, more fun. And, less bulk to pack around.

I got one of my eyeballs worked on and I can see well enough for iron sights. A peep and a post is my favorite, because I'm able to see more of the target.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Google Grizzly Custom Guns. They used to have a winged rear for bolt guns.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Me too! I now have irons on a Ruger American, and am in the process of putting them on a Swede carbine.