Thread: How far off the road?

Default How far off the road?

How far off the highway do you feel you need to be to call predators? I've tried a few spots I've the last few year that are within sound distance of the highway, just because they look good and had sign. I've yet to call anything in that close to the road however.

I've got an elderly relative,Vietnam vet and amputee, and I want to take him calling but he can't walk all that far. Are we wasting time calling within sound distance of the highway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now my experience is very little but I did shoot a lynx maybe 15 yards off the road, I know an old roommate shot almost all his fox within ear shot of the road while I'm sure your odds go up I think if there is sign then they are animals and it would be a good set.

I know that around roads can actually increase the amount of predators because of the chance they have to pick up an easy meal. Road kill rabbits, birds and rodents. They also them selves can become road kill and can deffintly be under higher hunting pressure.

Thanks for the info fellas, I think i'll try and take him and see what happens!