Thread: Craftsman ATV

Default Craftsman ATV

So I was at Sears the other day and was driving away thru the parking lot and noticed they had an atv near the lawnmowers with the words...Craftsman on the tank...Anybody no the story about this,,? are they getting into the biz. to?

It's basically a polaris badged with the craftsman name. I think it's a 500cc with a few changes in the plastic over the traditional polaris parts.

I believe it's a 350, not a 500. I checked it out just for the heck of it and had a hard time holding back the laughter!

I remember when Sears sold Polaris snowgos rebadged to Sears.
    Mike
    Not like I'm old or anything
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

I seen that four-wheeler as well when I was at Sears the other day. It's less than a 300cc engine. I believe it was like a 260cc or something right around there.

Default not polaris

I looked at one and it is definatly not polaris. I ride polaris and there is no comparison. The Craftsman 4 weeler looks to me to be a piece of crap. Poor suspension, low power, and cheep tires. Plus the salesman told me it does not even come with the lifetime guarantee.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    The Craftsman 4 weeler looks to me to be a piece of crap.
    He's not lying folks.

Default Craftsman NOT!

I looked it over thoroughly. The salesman told me it is definitely, oh Lordy here we go again, Chinese made. For five grand, the price quoted me, I'd rather have the Yamaha Bruin, as I believe it's called. The "Craftsman" looked kind of cheap and I wonder about parts and service even from Sears.

Probably more of a yard work machine than an outdoorsman machine.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Sears seems to do that with a lot of their products. I know all of their chain saws, and some other power tools like weedeaters, etc. are made by Poulan.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Default craftsman atv

it is most definitely made in china. i read an article about it somewhere. don't do it............

Cool Craftsman rocks

It's actually a .155 (yes, that's point one five five for you old fogies) liter turbocharged monster with a NOS option. I put 32" Swamp Doggs with a 10" lift and, as you can see, a helluva snorkel system. Here is an image from last weekends ride with one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

well i got a craftsman 4wheeler and im a big time deer hunter and turkey hunter and ive never had a problem out of it. there all 300cc 4wheel drive bombbardia 4wheeler sears just put the craftmans logo on them to sell them in the store. but there good 4wheelers i meen they aint no honda but its a good one.